VdH CS122 Hybrid

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

RoA

Feb 11, 2021
Visit site
Not really, I think he was having a poke at the current level of moderation. If he wasn't I will apologise.
However, I certainly hope DougK didn't leave because of my comments. From his last post it doesn't sound like it.

Perhaps you should re-read my post #45. Most (all) comments after had little (nothing) to do with my thread . - It will only go one way from hereon and we don't want to loose all 6 members on this forum :)

camcroft

This thread just goes on and on. It was mentioned previously would a manufacturer give inferior cables that didn't make their equipment sound its best. Well if cables dont make a difference why do turntable manufacturers make turntables where you can use the cable of your choice . My project turntable has the sockets for cables but I cant remember that they supplied any. Just a thought

This thread just goes on and on. It was mentioned previously would a manufacturer give inferior cables that didn't make their equipment sound its best. Well if cables dont make a difference why do turntable manufacturers make turntables where you can use the cable of your choice . My project turntable has the sockets for cables but I cant remember that they supplied any. Just a thought
Threads, once they over 30-40 replies, tend to bring in other aspects, so go totally off-topic.

I can't directly comment on VDH as I've never heard them.

penny pinching at its finest?? :)
surely they included something otherwise that turntable would not sound very good.

Reactions: camcroft and RoA
Soooooo.....

My cables are as follows: I/C from CD to amp is Merlin Chopin (purchased in 2008); a couple of Chord Crimsons; ancient set of Chord Chrysalis (purchased somewhere around the Stoneage) and speaker cables Atlas Equator.

Which ones would you update to make my system shine?

Never had a bad experience with Chord. It was interesting that the VdH speaker cables didn't gel and got replaced with Chord ones, but the VdH interconnects were indistinguishable from Chord ones, despite the suggestions coming from the same place and at the same time. My delusions must be intermittent! :)

That's funny. I do actually dismantle all my cables and clean the ends, sockets and posts with white spirit every year. Makes quite a difference.

The only I might change is the Chrysalis. Think I've had it since around 2000
Is that purely because of its age?
Must be a tad OCD me because call my interconnects have to be by same manufacturer....no real reason I suppose

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts