VdH CS122 Hybrid

RoA

Feb 11, 2021
Visit site
I've used this some years ago then changed cabling to various others from NACA 5, Chord, Anti Cables and QED.

Lately I have been listening to VD Hifi UPOFC 4mm. No problem.

I thought why not try some VdH again and got a good deal.

The VdH CS122 Hybrid really is superb (compared to VD), at least in my systems.

A slight harshness which I didn't realised was there has gone, timing seems more on the button all whilst treble is sweeter and bass full. It 'flows' better.

Didn't quite expect that difference and the opposite of what one perhaps expects from silver coated cabling.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigfish786

camcroft

I've used this some years ago then changed cabling to various others from NACA 5, Chord, Anti Cables and QED.

A slightly harshness which I didn't realised was there has gone, timing seems more on the button all whilst treble is sweeter and bass full.

Didn't quite expect that difference and the opposite of what one perhaps expects from silver coated cabling.
All my cabling is Van Damme. I have used others which are gathering dust with their 5 star ratings. I had some 6mm speaker cables made up and since them I have changed the lot to V.D. I wouldn't buy anything else the quality for the price is excellent

A slight harshness which I didn't realised was there has gone, timing seems more on the button all whilst treble is sweeter and bass full. It 'flows' better.

i had a similar experience when I bought the VDH The Bay interconnect, made me curious about more VDH cables, i may try the Clearwater speaker cable .

Reactions: RoA

Gray

And as this thread has gone for six posts without a cable bunfight, let's keep it that way...
I prefer to call it a discussion rather than a bunfight. Arguments help nobody.

I'm somebody that likes to know how and why things work. I think it's a very valid question to ask why so many people cannot hear differences between cables when those same people can easily hear differences between speakers, amps, turntables, headphones....you name it. There's nothing they can't hear a difference between....except cables. Why not cables? What is it about those people?
And be sure that I'm talking about those that have actually listened to cables - rather those just passing on the opinions of other non-believers.
I've got a theory that if you split the two camps and asked them to describe whether they consider themselves to be an optimist or a pessimist, the vast majority of believers would be optimists. (For the record, I'm a realist - for me, the glass is at half capacity.

Tinman1952

I prefer to call it a discussion rather than a bunfight. Arguments help nobody.

I'm somebody that likes to know how and why things work. I think it's a very valid question to ask why so many people cannot hear differences between cables when those same people can easily hear differences between speakers, amps, turntables, headphones....you name it. There's nothing they can't hear a difference between....except cables. Why not cables? What is it about those people?
And be sure that I'm talking about those that have actually listened to cables - rather those just passing on the opinions of other non-believers.
I've got a theory that if you split the two camps and asked them to describe whether they consider themselves to be an optimist or a pessimist, the vast majority of believers would be optimists. (For the record, I'm a realist - for me, the glass is at half capacity.
Well obviously the most important thing about a cable..apart from its price...is its colour! 😉

Reactions: Al ears

Tinman1952

I used various VDH interconnects for many years and enjoyed them but the music always sounded slightly 'rolled off'. When I switched to Atlas Navigator interconnects the music was louder! Which made me wonder what exactly the VDH cables were doing to the signal... 🤔

camcroft

I used various VDH interconnects for many years and enjoyed them but the music always sounded slightly 'rolled off'. When I switched to Atlas Navigator interconnects the music was louder! Which made me wonder what exactly the VDH cables were doing to the signal... 🤔
I can feel a pin coming on here from the moderators. Another thread sabotaged

RoA

Feb 11, 2021
Visit site
Well, it's a a rather overcast Sunday afternoon and I quite honestly just couldn't get myself to go for a ride. I recently used the VD 4mm with the Audiolab to good effect as mentioned before so having some time I changed the cable out to the VdH this afternoon.

It's a different presentation and immediately obvious. Clearer in the midrange with (imho) just superb highs. Crystal clear and at the same time sweet, no harshness. Smoooooth. Sound is tighter in the bass with better control. Depending on system that is either good or less so.

I am sure there are better cables but for twenty quid/metre, I find it very, very good and it's cheap enough for many to try and shift on if not liked.

Ps. Another relatively clear difference to VD 4mm UPFC is the mid range is more rhythmically alive. Drums hit harder, tighter. Sometimes this can be a result of bright componentry, not here. It seems to do it without introducing harshness and yet soundstage, if anything, is slightly more expansive than the VD.

Think of VD as slightly looser, relaxed in most aspects and you get the idea. If that is what your system needs you can't go wrong at the price.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS