Van den Hul cs-122 speakercable sounds dull?

peterpan

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
I have the van den hul cs-122 speakecable behind my NAD and MA RX 6 sperakers. Interconnect van den Hul 102. I found the sound too dark and dull. Also too much bass. I thought from the amp. Female voices sounds dull too.

I have replace the cs-122 speakercable. Now a cheap 2,5 mm copper cable. It sounds now much better. It isn't dull anymore.Very strange. How is this possible?

What is a good speakercable for my system? (NAD-MA rx6 and with rock and metal).

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
peterpan said:
I have the van den hul cs-122 speakecable behind my NAD and MA RX 6 sperakers. Interconnect van den Hul 102. I found the sound too dark and dull. Also too much bass. I thought from the amp. Female voices sounds dull too.

I have replace the cs-122 speakercable. Now a cheap 2,5 mm copper cable. It sounds now much better. It isn't dull anymore.Very strange. How is this possible?

What is a good speakercable for my system? (NAD-MA rx6 and with rock and metal).
You answered your own question. Cheap 2.5mm copper cable is already working well from your description. You have already wasted money on the van den Hul, don't throw good money after bad.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
As with most things in hifi, consensus is never likely.

There are people who like VDH, but it has been called "Van Den Dull" by people who don't.

For speaker cable, you could do a lot worse than Chord Silver Screen.

hannibal

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
You should try Chord if you are looking for a brighter, lively sounding cable. Can anyone tell me which is the positive and which is the negative side on the Van den Hul CS122 cable?

hannibal said:
Can anyone tell me which is the positive and which is the negative side on the CS-122 VDH cable.

Erm, the negative is opposite the positive!

As the cable appears to be 2 x 12.5 AWG then it matters not which side is which, as long as you treat both cables the same. Most cables have a moulded ridge or line on + or - so follow that throughout.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts