Van den Hul, Van Damme or Chord Speakercable?

peterpan

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
I'm looking at a good speakercable for my system (and music like rock and metal). NAD c355, nad 545 cdp, ma rx 6 speakers.

Interconnect is now van den Hul 102. I think a good interconnect, bit maybe the Chord Cobra is better?

But which speakercable?

1. Van den Hul cs-122 (maybe too dull?)

2. Chord Silverscreen

3. Van Damme 2,5 mm copper

nads

peterpan said:
I'm looking at a good speakercable for my system (and music like rock and metal). NAD c355, nad 545 cdp, ma rx 6 speakers.

Interconnect is now van den Hul 102. I think a good interconnect, bit maybe the Chord Cobra is better?

But which speakercable?

1. Van den Hul cs-122 (maybe too dull?)

2. Chord Silverscreen

3. Van Damme 2,5 mm copper

sorry mate but what are you on?

You have the CS-122 and you say you dont like it?

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/van-den-hul-cs-122-speakercable-sounds-dull

peterpan said:
I have the van den hul cs-122 speakecable behind my NAD and MA RX 6 sperakers. Interconnect van den Hul 102. I found the sound too dark and dull. Also too much bass. I thought from the amp. Female voices sounds dull too.

I have replace the cs-122 speakercable. Now a cheap 2,5 mm copper cable. It sounds now much better. It isn't dull anymore.Very strange. How is this possible?

What is a good speakercable for my system? (NAD-MA rx6 and with rock and metal).

and you have had recomendation( s ) in that thread.

Hi peterpan

Have a look at using standard 79 OFC strand or at a push 500 strand OFC speaker cables. I feel these speaker cables will be more than good enough for your components. You should also find these cables at local electrical stores.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

CustomCable

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
For this system I would look at Supra Rondo 4x2.5 you will have the warmth there still but the system should sound a bit faster and the small amount of silver won't make the tweeters in your MA's get too excited.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts