Which cables for Tannoy XT8F

loneranger

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
I'am looking for cables for my set; Tannoy xt8F, MF M5si amp, Cambridge cxn sreamer. I play a lot of metal and rock, but never hard. Unfortunately not the best recordings. Which cables will be the best match? I was looking at:

Van den Hul D352 speakercable with D102 interconnect

Chord Clearway speakercable and interconnect

QED XT40 speakercable with their reference interconnect

abacus

Pop along to you nearest Pro Music Store (Or online store) and get your cables from there, that way you will get the same cable as used by the Pro Studios to make the music you listen too, and will be a fraction of the price and much better quality then the cables that Hi-Fi cable manufactures try and con you into buying. (The money you save can be spent on more music or room treatment, which will really make a difference)

Bill

nick8858

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Follow the advice of Abacus. Chasing the dream of audio perfection through excessive expenditure on a piece of wire will not get you to audio nirvana.

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
especially abacus and his cut and paste reply he uses with everyone who dares to ask a question about cables.

do what you want, check out some cables, its your money, spend it on what you like.

*music2*

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
FWIW. I'd look at Linn K20 S/C and either Linn Black or Linn Silver I/C...usually good value from Ebay.

Of the ones you've listed, I'd rather have Van den Hul (but that's me).

loneranger

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
I could try a second hand Van den Hul the royal jade hybrid speakercable. Much nicer sound than with my 2,5mm Van damme speakercable. I can't explain it, but it sounds realy better. I will now go for the Van den Hul D102 interconnect.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts