Matching amp for Tannoy XT8F

loneranger

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
I'am looking for a good amp for my Tannoy speakers. I have now a several years old NAD C356. Not bad, but i think it can better. I read about Abrahamsen amp, but only buy on internet in Norway. No dealers here.

What do you think of Musical fidelity m5si?

My system: Tannoy XT8f, Cambridge cxn streamer, NAS c356 amp, van den hul the surf interconnect, van den hul royal jade speakercable. Music rock and pop.

loneranger

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Isn't Yamaha on the bright side of neutral? I think for my Tannoy speakers the best is a amp that is a little on the warm side of neutral. But not so as the NAD C356 which is also not so lively and gives a little too much bass.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

I think that mf amp would be a great amplifier. I’d also at least try the Rega amp at that price. Arcam would be warmer, but don’t just go on this warm or cool recommendations, as you may find something that isn’t quite so warm but is very dynamic, is actually better with the speakers. Or that what you thought of is changed by how great an amp Sounds and at its price.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
loneranger said:
Isn't Yamaha on the bright side of neutral? I think for my Tannoy speakers the best is a amp that is a little on the warm side of neutral. But not so as the NAD C356 which is also not so lively and gives a little too much bass.

Nope. Warmish. Even the A-S1000 will do a fine job.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts