Tannoy Revolution signature DC6T & matching amp.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I have just got myself a pair of Tannoy Revolution signature DC6T.

Would you able to help me to select a matching amp and network player to go with it.

I am currently thinking about the following amp:

NAD C356

CA 650

Arcam A18

Denon PMA710

(We have been suggested that NAD C365 would be a good match as DC6T is a bit weak at bass but bright at treble. Apparently NAD C365 would help out the bass but not overdrive the mid/high frequency.)

We perfer easy listening music (e.g. vocal, classic, jazz, pop) and I am currently looking at Denon DNP-720AE as the network player.

Thanks very much.

A

Anonymous

Out of those choices mine would be the NAD straight away. The C/A amp is too clinical for the Tannoys, The Denon unfortunately, IMO, just isnt that good and the Arcam is gutless; too much like the old DiVA A90 - Plenty of power but a cack soundstage

Other amps to consider IMO would be the Rotel RA1520, NAD C355BEE (2nd hand), Arcam Alpha 10 or FMJ A32 (again 2nd hand).

matthewpiano

I'd knock the Arcam off the list personally. I've had an A18 and found it exactly as hifilover1979 describes - completely gutless and not that good at driving anything but the easiest of loads. It isn't Arcam's finest hour, even at the more affordable end of their range.

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
I would go for the NAD C356.

I also have the Denon DNP-720AE player. Great sound and it's so easy to play files from a usb stick.

T

the record spot

Mine. See this thread for more info. You reduce the boxcount and it delivers the performance and functionality in one. Amazing unit for the price.

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/onkyo-tx-8050-alert-its-arrived-its-arrived

http://www.uk.onkyo.com/en/products/tx-8050-43158.html?tab=Details

EDIT: In effect, the Onkyo gives you a high quality, high current amp but with the best streaming facilities out there in one box on the market right now IMO. Onkyo are adding firmware updates too, the last one seeing Spotify functionality added and the unit also has DLNA capability so it'll hook up to your other DLNA devices easily.

I use Tannoy speakers as well and recommend the pairing. Worth an audition if nothing else. For me, I don't see anything else on the new or used market at the budget you're looking at that comes remotely close.

A

Anonymous

Interesting, Onkyo TX-8050 seems to be another great alternative.

I was also looking at AV receivers earlier (e.g. marantz sr5006), however, I have been suggested the sound would be much better with stereo amp + network player as I only want to drive two speakers.

So how does Onkyo TX-8050 compare to NAD C356 with DNP-720 in sound, anyone?

(Yes, TX-8050 would have the advantage of being one unit for all.)

T

the record spot

Hi Philip; I'd imagine it'd acquit itself pretty well. I've never heard the NAD and I imagine most people won't have heard the two together.

The great thing about the Onkyo is that it does everything any of the integrateds already mentioned does, it delivers a better sound quality than you'd reasonably expect - I've had a load of amps in the last three years and it's not shy of any of them. This includes vintage and more recent amps including the Leema Pulse II, Harman Kardon's HK990, Sansui's AU-717, Marantz PM-6010-KI....the list goes on. I wanted something that could do it all but do it all well. This ticks the boxes. Hell you can even add a separate power amp and a subwoofer as well if you want to.

EDIT: As with all of these things though, try and have a listen if you can; I make no secret of how impressed I am with this receiver, but someone else might want something different and the flexibility to swap boxes later on. Personally, I'm overjoyed to be done with all that.

A

Anonymous

Hi
I am also looking at buying the sig' dc6t's (I am a complete novice)
and initially I have priced up the Roksan Kandy k2 Amp, Rega RP3 turntable
and the Audiolab 8200 CDQ.
ie/ all of the above as a complete system!
Can any one tell me if they are compatible?
Can I record my vynil on to a cd with the above?
Can anyone offer any alternatives for roughly the same money?
I am getting more confused the more I read up!
Thanks in advance!

A

Anonymous

Hi
I am also looking at buying the sig' dc6t's (I am a complete novice)
and initially I have priced up the Roksan Kandy k2 Amp, Rega RP3 turntable
and the Audiolab 8200 CDQ.
ie/ all of the above as a complete system!
Can any one tell me if they are compatible?
Can I record my vynil on to a cd with the above?
Can anyone offer any alternatives for roughly the same money?
I am getting more confused the more I read up!
Thanks in advance!

darrenconnor4

May 2, 2009
Visit site
I have to agree with previous comments, the DCT6 just don't work with C/A. It just sounds too harsh and the combination doesn't work with particularly complicated music.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts