USA 2014 Flat Panel Shootout.

tele1962

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
US Flat Panel Shootout dates announced.

Quote from Robert Zohn :

Just this second I was able to confirm our 2014 TV Shootout date for Saturday, August 16th beginning at 6PM and Sunday, August 17th at 3PM.

I’ve been working very hard this year to make our 10th annual TV Shootout evolve and ascend with the times. To that end I have some very exciting news to announce:

Dr. Larry Weber and Joe Kane will be joining us for the Shootout this year! They will be making special presentations that will interest our followers and the industry.

For now here’s one more change for this year I can share. Our agenda has been upgraded; the manufacturer’s trainers who have been product feature presenters at all of our previous TV Shootout events will be replaced with each manufacturers’ senior executive and or a factory engineer.

More information to come soon!

Happy July 4th!

tele1962

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
This was an early draught of what might be taking part, but this might have changed:

Day One the Full HD Competition LCD/LED Full HD displays: Samsung UN65H8000 LG 65LB7100 Sharp LC-70UQ17U Sony KDL-65X950B Plasma Full HD displays: Samsung PN64F8500 LG’s 60PB6900 - >No final decision, but we are testing for possible inclusion. OLED Full HD: LG’s new 55EC9300

Day Two the 4K Ultra HD Competition LCD/LED 4K Ultra HD displays: Sony XBR-65X950B full array locally dimmed Samsung UN65HU8550 Samsung UN65HU9000 LG 65UB9800 or the 79" UB9800 Toshiba 65L9400U full array locally dimmed OLED 4K Ultra HD: LG’s 77EC9800

This event is streamed live over the internet, with real time messaging running along side the live stream for questions etc. I will keep you informed of the links etc so everyone can see the event live.

Here is a preview of the opening of last years event for anyone who has not seen it before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqTlDmHjaR0

tele1962

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
A little more information here:

http://www.bigpicturebigsound.com/2014-Flat-Panel-TV-Shootout-will-Feature-OLED-LED-Curved-and-Flat-HDTVs-and-UHDTVs.shtml

I wonder if any of the Guys from What HiFi would be interested in attending, I know they would be made most welcome. :)

tele1962

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Three days to go before the Shootout, a few surprises are planned along the way. Also a question and answer session at the end of the presentation.

tele1962

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
No probs, by the way it's 11pm start so might be a little late for some...................had a nine hour drive home today so will be taking plenty of fluids on board during the event.*biggrin*

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
I tried watching.....but it wanted me to log in via facebook, which I didn't want. Besidess, I have been quite busy lately. How was it?
Same problem here. What were the results?

tele1962

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
That seemed a little strange, i just created an account and it let me straight in.*scratch_one-s_head*

It was a great night, especially Joe Kane's presentation, i missed the last hour or so but i don't think the results are until tonight. Earlier start tonight 8pm, Dr Larry Webber the inventor of Plasma Tv will be there and it will be interesting to hear what he has to say.

I have to admit Plasma was a huge mis at this event and i don't know where things are going from here but it doesn't look good IMO.

D

Deleted member 2457

HDTVfan said:
That seemed a little strange, i just created an account and it let me straight in.*scratch_one-s_head*

It was a great night, especially Joe Kane's presentation, i missed the last hour or so but i don't think the results are until tonight. Earlier start tonight 8pm, Dr Larry Webber the inventor of Plasma Tv will be there and it will be interesting to hear what he has to say.

I have to admit Plasma was a huge mis at this event and i don't know where things are going from here but it doesn't look good IMO.
LG OLED mate.

D

Deleted member 2457

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/LG/OLED/eisa-awards/Awards/lg-ultra-hd-oled-tv-wins-eisa-award/17228