4K TV shootout in Leeds

Just received an email. Anyone interested?

Hello

Hope you've been keeping well since the previous TV shootout in May.

I just wanted to give you a heads up that we (HDTVTest and the retailer
Crampton & Moore) are holding another similar event on Saturday the 29th
of November between 11am and 3pm at the same venue (Leeds Trinity
University, LS18 5HD). The TVs we have lined up this time are:

- LG 65UB980V Ultra HD 4K TV
- Panasonic TX-65AX802B 4K Ultra HD TV
- Panasonic TX-65AX902B 4K Ultra HD TV
- Samsung UE65HU8500 curved UHD TV
- Sony KD-65S9005B curved 4K Ultra HD TV

Before you ask, we tried getting our hands on an LG 4K OLED, but
unfortunately it won't launch in the UK in time for this event. Also,
the reason the Samsung UE65HU7500 and the Sony KD-65X9005B did not make
the list is because they lost out in the previous event - only the
winner Panasonic AX802 and the UE65HU8500 (to represent Samsung) get to
participate in this upcoming shootout.

As always, attendance and parking is free, but it's limited to the first
40 people on a first-come first-served basis. There'll be free food and
drink, new demo material including some stunning 4K footage, and you'll
get to meet and chat with other enthusiasts (including myself) about 4K,
OLED, plasma, 4K Blu-ray, etc. And last but not least, your vote will
help us pick the best 4K TV of 2014. :)

If you're interested in attending, please register your details at the
following 1ink, so that you can be issued with an email confirmation for
entry on that day:

http://www.panastore-north.co.uk/4k-shootout/

Any questions, just let me know. Hope to see you on the 29th!

Warmest regards
Vincent Teoh
Founder & Editor-In-Chief
HDTVTest

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
gel said:
Too far for me.

A hotel will probably cost £50 and you get breakfast too.
thumbs_up.gif
*preved*

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
gel said:
simonlewis said:
Okay, come on admit it who went, i was their, i've just got home. *smile*
Nice one, what happened?

LG an sony came out worse, sony was quite good but it had a lot of clouding, samsung and panasonic came out on top.

All five tvs were on the same feed and they could only get four of the tvs working at the same time.

Someone won a free blu-ray player and their was a free buffet lunch, so yes it was a good day.

D

Deleted member 2457

simonlewis said:
gel said:
simonlewis said:
Okay, come on admit it who went, i was their, i've just got home. *smile*
Nice one, what happened?

LG an sony came out worse, sony was quite good but it had a lot of clouding, samsung and panasonic came out on top.

All five tvs were on the same feed and they could only get four of the tvs working at the same time.

Someone won a free blu-ray player and their was a free buffet lunch, so yes it was a good day.
Sounds good! Cheers

simonlewis said:
gel said:
simonlewis said:
Okay, come on admit it who went, i was their, i've just got home.   *smile*
Nice one, what happened? ?

Sony / Samsung / Panasonic findings were similar to mine when I attended in May.

What blu ray player was it, which a participant won?

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site

Sony / Samsung / Panasonic findings were similar to mine when I attended in May.

What blu ray player was it, which a participant won?

[/quote]

It was a panasonic i think it was the DMPBDT460.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Well tech that no one will benefit from. By the time UHD content is available most of all thses sets will not be compatible. I asked this question about the current 4K AV recievers on another thread but never got a reply.

I just got myself an LG EC930V & very pleased with it. IMHO I think 4K is just a waste of money right now.

D

Deleted member 2457

Native_bon said:
Well tech that no one will benefit from. By the time UHD content is available most of all thses sets will not be compatible. I asked this question about the current 4K AV recievers on another thread but never got a reply.

I just got myself an LG EC930V & very pleased with it. IMHO I think 4K is just a waste of money right now.
Nice one, what are the factory settings like on your TV, and how are you finding your Oled? Did you get it from John Lewis? Any chance of some pictures? Cheers

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Yes I did get it from John Lewis yesterday. AM currently updating the software as am wrting this. Am not sure taking pictures of a srceen will really show the ability of a TV set. But still going through the settings & a lot to play with as regards this. The only problem I see is this tv shows you if the picture material is poor. But when you see good quality material its just breath taking.

As per the factory setting cnt even remember cause I have changed so much... After my update I will let up know some of my settings. Still am not sure if the software update will take things back to default setting. Will check after installation.

D

Deleted member 2457

Native_bon said:
Yes I did get it from John Lewis yesterday. AM currently updating the software as am wrting this. Am not sure taking pictures of a srceen will really show the ability of a TV set. But still going through the settings & a lot to play with as regards this. The only problem I see is this tv shows you if the picture material is poor. But when you see good quality material its just breath taking.

As per the factory setting cnt even remember cause I have changed so much... After my update I will let up know some of my settings. Still am not sure if the software update will take things back to default setting. Will check after installation.
Okay, cheers.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
One correction needs to be made to the summary, which states that the Panasonic TX-65AX902B full-array local dimming (FALD) 4K LED TV is £1,500 more than the Samsung UE65HU8500 curved UHD TV. This evening, on the Richer Sounds website, the Panasonic is £4,999 and the Samsung is £3,299, so the difference is in fact £1,700, which is only 99 notes short of being able to buy the 58" previous top Panasonic model, the TX58AX802B. I do think that the Panasonic TX-65AX902B is at least a grand overpriced. Mind you, I seem to remember that the Samsung UE65HU8500 used to cost about £4,000 some months ago, so perhaps Samsung have reduced its price in order to severely undercut the new Panasonic. Which, even with a lottery win, I won't be buying. Not that I'm against buying a Panasonic television though, as will be seen in due course ......

Joe10155

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Son_of SJ for correcting the link. Initially I did add the .htm at the end but the link wouldn't turn blue unless I removed it! Posting on this site is a real downer. I always used to create my posts in Word then copy & paste but not anymore; I can't seem to paste anything these days, just type it out one finger at a time.

TRENDING THREADS