Upscaling sky sd

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Am new to all this, so sorry if i sound stupid. Am i right in thinking that if i buy the new onkyo 606 i can upscale sky hd through it? If so, how would i go about doing this, connections wise. Thanx

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Yup

Set the Sky HD box output to Automatic picture format, set the 606 to 1080p max resolution - assuming your TV can handle it - and leave them to sort it out for themselves.

A

Anonymous

Might be missunderstanding! But I thought the Onkyo 606 had the ability to upscale standard def inputs. IE from a sky+ box connected to the receiver using s-video leads!

FuzzyinLondon

Dec 5, 2007
Visit site
The problem is that the best quality that the SD Sky box can output is RGB Scart and the 606 has no way of taking this input. The best it can take is S-video from the Sky box and you might find that your tv does a better job of scaling the RGB Scart signal if you go straight into the tv with a decent quality cable.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
FuzzyinLondon:The problem is that the best quality that the SD Sky box can output is RGB Scart and the 606 has no way of taking this input. The best it can take is S-video from the Sky box and you might find that your tv does a better job of scaling the RGB Scart signal if you go straight into the tv with a decent quality cable.
I certainly found the above to be true with my Topfield Freeview box using a quality RGB Scart cable i.e. the Scart connection was just slightly better picture than putting it through my Onkyo 905 with S-Video. I'd therefore expect RGB Scart to be noticeably better when using the 606.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts