Upgrading to 7.1 home cinema.

S.Jacob

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
I wonder if anyone could help out with this problem encountered by my friend in India. He has a pioneer VSXD 2011 AV amp connected to Bose acoustimass 15 series 2 speaker system in a 6.1 channel fashion. He managed to get another bose speaker module, but since the Bose can not offer any more connections, he is querying if that speaker can be connected to one of the surround back speaker outputs of the Pioneer directly as the 7th channel. Would this damage this speaker? Any other suggestions would be most welcome.(his other components are Pioneer 41'' plasma TV and a Sony S550 bluray player that I am planning to get for him from here!)

My friend would be eternally grateful for your help !!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I wouldn't - not sure how the Bose speaker will work when driven directly rather than via the Acoustimass module. I'd stick with 6.1 with this set-up, your friend won't be missing much.

S.Jacob

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
Apparently, Bose people in India did not have a clue ! I will try Bose UK. Or go in to their factory in Co. Monaghan in Ireland directly and ask them ! I live in N. Ireland.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts