Upgrading Cyrus Equipment

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello all

My first post here although I have been reading this forum for a while now. After a recent house move I have been looking at buying my first proper hi-fi set up after I have been using a denon micro system for a few years. After reading loads of reviews had planned to demo Cyrus 8, Naim 5i and Roskan Kandy kit when funds allowed, probably towards the end of the year. At present have heard the Cyrus 8VS2 and CD8X and was impressed.

Anyway I have found someone selling a Cyrus 8 Cd player and 8VS Amp for 500 pounds. I was thinking that I could use this until funds allowed and they send it to cyrus for an upgrade to CD8SE and 8VS2 in the future. Have contacted cyrus and they can do both for 600 making the total 1100.

Does this seem like a good deal and does anyone have any experience with upgrading older cyrus equipment up to a newer model?

Unsure whether to wait until I have the money to buy new and give lots of different kit a full demo (live near guildford so will be heading to PJ's), or do the option above. He has someone else coming to look at it on monday so may have to make a quick decision.

Thanks in advance

Darren

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Why don't you consider buying new from somewhere like Vickers who will probably do you a deal and give you 3 years 0% finance?

Then you have all the warranty for not too much more than the upgrades.ÿ

A

Anonymous

I personally would jump at the chance of these very fine products for £500 which I'm sure will give you huge enjoyment. When you feel the need to give in to the urge to upgrade you can get another big step in quality for a mere £600. I've dealt with Cyrus technical before and they were quick and efficient for a minor repair I needed on my amp so I wouldn't be concerned about warranty unduly. You'd need a lot of repairs to dent the huge saving you are making by buying these items second hand. These are both high quality excellent sounding products. £500 may reflect their market value in the light of newer versions coming out but this CD player and amp would still strongly challenge new products at twice the price and more that you are being asked to pay.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the advice. Sadly I was too slow off the mark and they were sold before I had a chance to get there. Still at least it gives me plenty of time to demo lots of kit and decide what suits my musical taste whilst saving up over the next couple of months.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts