Upgrading CDP or SB3 + DAC?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I am sure this has been covered before, but I need some personal backup here! At the moment I have a Marantz CD63KI (self upgraded), PM17KI (again upgraded)and a pair of Mission 782 speakers.

I have listened to the new Cyrus CD6SE and CD8SE offerings against my CD63, and there were some differences, particularly with the 8SE, but they were not as not night and day as I would have liked. However, the Naim CD5x killed the three stone dead!

Should I spend the £1625 on the Naim or look at an SB3 (duet) with a good DAC plus a NAS drive? I guess what I am really asking is this: is this a good time to invest in CD, or is the format a dead end?

Regards,

GJ

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
I would follow your heart. I have given up on CD playback almost entirely now, but thats not to say you will want to. Why dont you look into getting a decent DAC, and running your CD player through it, and then slowly moving to the streaming route at the same time...which is essentially what I have done...
(I still haven't finished ripping all my CDs)

A

Anonymous

Thanks FrOg. I have this morning ordered a CD5x. I love Vinyl, and this player comes pretty close to my LP12. I like the puck thing as well - like putting a record on!

Cheers,

Geoff

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts