upgraded Squeezebox Classic to Touch

spockfish

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Today my Squeezebox Touch arrived. I had a Classic, with which I was very happy. But it can't play hires audio. And the Touch can.

So hooked it up, and played Kate Bush 50 Words for Snow. I've bought that in hires (96/24) directly from her website.

And it sounds.... awesome. The first thing I thought of was "this is just class A". The Rega DAC already has a sense of 'analogue' in it's sound, but with these hd recordings it's just even smoother.

So I'm pretty happy at the moment. Maybe I'll will stick with this set for a long long time ;-)

Regards,

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Congratulations! :rockout:

Incidentally, how would you rate the SBT analogue outputs only into the Brio R as compared to going through the Rega DAC?

spockfish

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
The DAC is responsible for a big improvement. The DAC inside the Squeezebox is rather good, but the poor power supply is just... As the Rega DAC reclocks the signal and thus removes the jitter.

you have to hear for yourself, but to be honest I found the Rega DAC even a bigger improvement than the amp :)

Regards,

ABM78

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
Just bought a Squeezebox Touch myself, it is pretty impressive, I have it hooked through a burson audio buffer into my leema, I would say it leans to the bright side in my system, although not unbearably so. Very happy with it overall. I am considering the Rega DAC to be my next addition, does it make a worthwhile difference maybe remove that slight brightness? Listening first is not an option. Like my music smooth and fun.

spockfish

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
It's a shame you can't audition a DAC, because you really should try out some different ones to find out which suites you...

But for me the Rega DAC was a big improvement over analogue out. Especially when you think of the price of the Rega DAC and the Squeezebox you'll end up with a streaming solution which imho can compete which much more expensive stuff out there.

Regards,

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts