Upgrade Linn or new Roksan.....

lcd4ever

Oct 23, 2008
Visit site
Just bought the new Roksan Kandy K2 amp.......dug out some vinyl very impressed with my old Linn Axis, really got a new lease of life(had been using it with a sony AV receiver.......) got the serious upgrade bug though....my Axis has the Basik arm with K9 cartridge, just wondering if a new cartridge will make it sound even better......always been scared to attempt to fit a new one though the K9 was fitted in shop.....how difficult a job is it....?

Other plan of action is to wait to around Xmas and treat myself to a brand new Roksan Radius 5 in wood finish......how big an upgrade in sound would I get for parting with a grand(plus cartridge on top......)......

http://audioaffair.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=829

looks great though.........(just picturing it on my rack.........spinning Springsteen's Nebraska........)

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Tricky one! How much do you want it! The perspex one looks fantastic, but I'd be tempted to go for a Gyrodec or a mint LP12, which you would never lose money on.

A

Anonymous

The K9 is a modified AT95E, which is the budget model from the AT range. Try an Ortofon 2M red or blue, or, if you like the K9 sound, an AT440.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts