Rega RP8 or Roksan Radius 7?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Happy_Listener

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, Al, Freddy, Bigfish, and everyone. I'll do some checking around on the message boards for Radius 5 reliability. I am sure either the RP8 or Radius 7 will end up sounding great. Since this is a fairly big purchase for me I will probably end up keeping it a long time. So I just want to get it right. I'll keep you guys posted on what I ended up buying. I might wait until next month because Paul from Rega said they were going to debut something at the Bristol show I might be interested in. New MC Cartridge? Planar 6 and Planar 8 Turntables? I'm excited to find out. Cheers.

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Happy_Listener said:
Thanks, Al, Freddy, Bigfish, and everyone. I'll do some checking around on the message boards for Radius 5 reliability. I am sure either the RP8 or Radius 7 will end up sounding great. Since this is a fairly big purchase for me I will probably end up keeping it a long time. So I just want to get it right. I'll keep you guys posted on what I ended up buying. I might wait until next month because Paul from Rega said they were going to debut something at the Bristol show I might be interested in. New MC Cartridge? Planar 6 and Planar 8 Turntables? I'm excited to find out. Cheers.

I've had my old Planar 3 for around 30 years, and I've loved it. When all said and done, you won't go far wrong with a Rega. The only reservation I have with the newer series, is the quality of finish. That said, they have to be built to a cost point.

Freddy58 said:
Happy_Listener said:

I've had my old Planar 3 for around 30 years, and I've loved it. When all said and done, you won't go far wrong with a Rega. The only reservation I have with the newer series, is the quality of finish. That said, they have to be built to a cost point.

I too had the old Planar 3 and it was a class deck for the money. On that point I would disagree with freddie and say anything that costs what the RP6 does necessitates a good quality finish, although apologies if I got that wrong and he is talking about the cheaper models in the range.

I also had the original Radius but cannot comment on it's sound quality c as I fitted mine with the Tabriz tonearm so not standard.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
BBB has gone awol - i used to converse with him on another forum that has a PM facility but I think he de registered his account by the looks of things

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts