upgrade but which one?

tj27

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
:)

hi all

have the Yamaha DSP AX863se amp from 2008/09? award winner, been very happy with it & still looks/performs the day i took it out of the box. Basically im looking to upgrade to a newer amp.

Choice's are:

Yam RX-A810 Aventage

Yam RX-V673

Pioneer VSX-922

leaning towards the Aventage at present, but it is any different to the others in a major advatage way? Also intrested in the networking capabilities for music etc & ipad/iphone stuff.

However i am only running monitor audio BR2 fronts & BR centre speaker & Q acoustic 2020 as rears. Monitor audio sub.

Possibly wanting Monitor audio floor standers or the Q acoustic 2050i floorstanders as replacement fronts.

Thanks

TJ :)

tj27

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
hi folks

just made a call to Yamaha & went through the in's & outs of it all, looks like im going to order the A810 Aventage even though it has no 'airplay' but it does have yamaha's version with the app on the ipad/iphone etc to play the music through that, sorted!

Julian_b

Jun 14, 2008
Visit site
Good choice Tj
I have the RX V3067 and use the Yamaha App, running from my iPad - it will either let you stream from your iPad/iPhone - which I have done.
Also, if you go the digital route as I have with a Vortexbox Appliance (a kind of NAS device) it also finds the server options on that through my network so that it controls/plays my flac files at far higher quality too.

Enjoy.....

tj27

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, really looking forward to it being delivered tomorrow!

I currently run m.a br2 fronts and br centre, would i benefit from getting better fronts as it will be used alot in 2 channel stereo for listening to music as well as films etc.

Was thinking about....

B&W 685's

Epos epic2

Or at a really big push and i mean big perhaps the dynaudio dm2/6?

thanks

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
tj27 said:
Thanks for the reply, really looking forward to it being delivered tomorrow!

I currently run m.a br2 fronts and br centre, would i benefit from getting better fronts as it will be used alot in 2 channel stereo for listening to music as well as films etc.

Was thinking about....

B&W 685's

Epos epic2

Or at a really big push and i mean big perhaps the dynaudio dm2/6?

thanks
dont forget to keep LCR the same brand if possible.

Maybe some MA's floor standers to fit in then move thr BR2 to the rear duty??

tj27

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Yes would also then change the centre to match at a later date.

At present i have q acoustic2020i in white as rears as it kept the other half happy with them matching the room better!

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
tj27 said:
Yes would also then change the centre to match at a later date.

At present i have q acoustic2020i in white as rears as it kept the other half happy with them matching the room better!
ah yes the white ones, are they the discreet coving or skirting speakers?

tj27

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Compact bookshelf design and we have a bay window behind us which they sit in and are not noticeable unless you look for them peeking from behind the curtains!

tj27

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
ok, A810 delivered! lovely bit of kit, looking forward to getting it set up 8)

regards speakers, just had a good chat with Rick @ Musicraft & he recommends the Monitor Audio RX1's so am going to have a look at them & go from there.

ps cheers for your time Rick, appreciate it :cheers:

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Give you're views on the amp once setup and let us know which speakers you go with.

MA & Yamaha are perfectly matched so ive been told.

Its what I use and I love it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts