AV amp upgrade to suit Mon.Audio & Panny DX902

Taj27

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi All,

looking to replace my Yam Aventage A810 as its bit outdated now with no 4k pass through and so on.

Was intrested in a change to the Denon 3300. Would this suit my current system?

Monitor Audio's latest Radius 90's as fronts & rears, Radius 200 centre

BK XXLS 400 DF sub

Panasonics TX58DX902B 4k 10 bit Ultra HD 4k tv.

Also in the future may purchase the Panasonic 900 4k BRay player as well.

Any advice much appreciated.

Yes, the Denon 3300 should suit well, although the Radius will benefit from higher range receivers.

New and cheaper 4K blu ray players have been announced at CES last week. They'll start coming in the shops this Spring.

Taj27

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Big Boss, your always helpfull! Was unsure as i know that the Yam / Monitor audio have a good pairing, but i would have thought with Radius and the Denon surely it can not be a bad set up!?

Yes heard about the new 4k players so was hoping when they pop along that the panny 900 model may get a reduction in cost lol!

I had a Monitor Audio (Radius HD) with Yamaha combination in my previous house. Now have Monitor Audio and Marantz combination. It's absolutely superb. Denon, coming from the same company as Marantz, should be no different.

Taj27

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
bigboss said:
I had a Monitor Audio (Radius HD) with Yamaha combination in my previous house. Now have Monitor Audio and Marantz combination. It's absolutely superb. Denon, coming from the same company as Marantz, should be no different.
Good to hear, thanks

Taj27

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
took the plunge and went to my local Richer Sounds on saturday afternoon. Came home with the Denon 3300. PLayed around on sunday and yep, happy i did, good sound stage teh Auddssy set up mic is really good - took about 15 mins but worth it, the latest surround spec for DD and DTS is very good these effects have my MA Radius sound more alive and crisp/seperated sound and the BK sub rumbles as & when, filling the room nicely and work well with the MA's. Over all a good buy - even though they gave me a 14 day return window if im not happy!

*unsure if able to do this but selfless plug - my yam aventage amp is on the Bay for sale ;-) if anyone interested!

Taj27

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
Update......

after a few more hours of listening and with different sources and playing around and a few days of deliberations with myself i decided to take it back. It was an improvement over my old amp but only with the more modern sound stages. After using the remote and the on screen menues and even the buttons on the front i just wasnt pleased with my purchase. Took it back tonight and came home with the yamaha aventage rx-860. Glad i changed back to yamaha, just feels right, sounds better to me and feels more of a solid well made machine with good swift menus, decent remote with good response and so on. The denon is a great amp at that price, but not for me. Looking forward to the family being out so i can test some sound tracks and movies now!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts