updated firmware pioneer bdp-51fd?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just updated my pioneer bdp-51fd to the latest firmware release version 1.32 and have now connected a new chord company 1.3 silver hdmi lead to my yamaha RX-V2600 av amp...... everything works except i don't think i'm getting full DTS-MA sound,when i hit display it shows what the bitrate is...... watching frost/nixon on blu-ray i was seeing bitrates of around 4mbps?

The blu-ray player is doing the decoding and the yamaha is displaying standard mpcm, i know this is a popular topic at the moment so any ideas please?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Not sure I understand, what's the issue exactly? If it's the bitrate, 4Mbps is probably about right (standard DTS was limited to 1.5 Mbps tops). This will vary as the soundtrack increases and decreases in complexity.

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
DTS-HD MA can carry bit rates up to 25-30Mbps, not all discs will have this bit rate though. When you display the bitrate on the player's on screen menu it says ?/30Mpbs the ? being the current bitrate of the disc.

A

Anonymous

Ah hello professor,

Yes that's correct i'm not sure i'm getting any of the HD formats due to low bitrates.

My av amp doesn't have any of the HD codecs but does have hdmi, so i'm hoping the pioneer blu-ray player is now decoding on-board and sending as mpcm to the av amp, my av amp is now displaying 'standard mpcm' but i can't tell if its HD that's why i'm looking at the blu-ray player to see what bitrates are being displayed.

Now i have another hdmi lead and the new firmware for the blu-ray player installed i imagined i'd be seeing 30mbps bitrates (dts-ma) or so, i had been using co-axial so knew until i received my hdmi lead i'd only get core dd 5.1 and dts.

i have only played 2 discs so far, the 1st disc (slumdog millionaire) averaged 2-3mbps and the 2nd disc (frost/nixon) averaged 4mbps that's why i'm not sure what exactly i'm hearing, hope i'm making sense??????

Thanks for all advice.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
No worries, just forget the maximum bitrates DTS HD MA can achieve, you'll not approach anything near them generally. As I say, the standard DTS format's maximum bitrate was 1.5 Mbps, so if you're getting anything above this (which you clearly are), you must be getting the DTS HD MA sound track. Enjoy!

A

Anonymous

Your spot-on!!!

Just put on 'Dark Knight' and left the bitrate display on and its showing bitrates of 7-8mbps in Dolby tru-hd... for me this is excellent news..... and even better for the mrs as i now don't have to buy a new AV amp!!!!!

Thanks again

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts