unsubscribing to sky, got a sky + box....any use now?

mushroomgod

May 25, 2009
Visit site
Hi All,

At the moment Im paying £24 pcm for Sky, Iv desided its not really worth it for me, all I watch are the free channels - esp Dave :)

Sooooo... not called sky to cancel it yet, but I was wondering, once I did, will I still be able to use my Sky + box, which has a hard drive inside. Can it be used outside of sky, or am I just better off selling it?

I wonderd if it could be used as a media box of somekind or something?

cheers

daveh75

mushroomgod:

Hi All,

At the moment Im paying £24 pcm for Sky, Iv desided its not really worth it for me, all I watch are the free channels - esp Dave :) Dave isn't free on Sky,i think you need the minimum package i.e one mix to receive it.mushroomgod: Sooooo... not called sky to cancel it yet, but I was wondering, once I did, will I still be able to use my Sky + box, which has a hard drive inside. Can it be used outside of sky, or am I just better off selling.Yes you can still use it to receive the FTA channels after cancelling your subscription,however the record functions cease to work as they are only available if you subscribe.mushroomgod: Can it be used outside of sky, or am I just better off selling it?I wonderd if it could be used as a media box of somekind or something? No it cant be used outside of Sky as Sky is a closed platform, and no you wont be able to use it as a media box,so you're probably better off selling it tbh.

A

Anonymous

Maybe someone knows of a way to alter the sky + box so you can record onto it with the free to air channels and not have to subscribe to sky.

SatCure

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
No, nobody knows a way. The only way is to insist on paying Sky £10 a month when you cancel. That way you retain the recording/playback functions.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts