Uninspired by speakers...is there a cheap alternative?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
plastic penguin:

Sell my Leema? (see, question mark
emotion-5.gif
) Why so many negative waves? The same could've been said about every amp I've owned over the past 30 cough cough years. I've wanted this darn thing for close on a year, I've finally got it and love it.

Certainly the RS6s gave it another dimension sonically - not the finished article - but wow what sound.

Sell sell no no....

I'm with you on this one, Pengy. From what I heard of the Pulse, there is no going back - get those speakers in 2011 and you'll be laughing.
emotion-21.gif

SteveR750

plastic penguin:SteveR750:
Came to this too late, but PP did you consider selling the Leema, and then spreading that cash from the sale plus your £200 into a more equitable split between amp and speakers? I know that is potetially a painful proces having to give up soemthing you really enjoy, but it just might have been a better sonic result. If nothing else would ave been fun to have worked out the used combinations, personally I think ebay is fantastic, and that's partly because it's just so open and varied. I'd never buy new off it, as sellers are usually 10%+ more expensive, and even used stuff sells at silly prices because a number of buyers just don't do enough research beforehand.

@ Max (and Joel) it's certainly not "your" and not even "you're", this is 2010 after all, therefore it's "ur"
emotion-5.gif

Sell my Leema? (see, question mark
emotion-5.gif
) Why so many negative waves? The same could've been said about every amp I've owned over the past 30 cough cough years. I've wanted this darn thing for close on a year, I've finally got it and love it.

Certainly the RS6s gave it another dimension sonically - not the finished article - but wow what sound.

Sell sell no no....

I'm not surprised by your reaction, and I did make that caveat in my suggestion that it was a left field suggestion, but if you don't consider everything then you may never know!

A

Anonymous

SteveR750:
Came to this too late, but PP did you consider selling the Leema, and then spreading that cash from the sale plus your £200 into a more equitable split between amp and speakers? I know that is potetially a painful proces having to give up soemthing you really enjoy, but it just might have been a better sonic result. If nothing else would ave been fun to have worked out the used combinations, personally I think ebay is fantastic, and that's partly because it's just so open and varied. I'd never buy new off it, as sellers are usually 10%+ more expensive, and even used stuff sells at silly prices because a number of buyers just don't do enough research beforehand.

@ Max (and Joel) it's certainly not "your" and not even "you're", this is 2010 after all, therefore it's "ur"
emotion-5.gif

dont try and corrupt me
emotion-60.gif
, im even spelling correctly when im texting people lately, ive got to make up some cv's soon, i dont want prospective employers thinking they are considering hiring "puff daddy"
emotion-5.gif

SteveR750

emotion-1.gif
or perhap lol!!

I am like you, I type the full word on a txt, though it is occasionally imaginative I suppose.

maxflin: ive got to make up some cv's soon,

If you would like any help - I have had a lot of experience (and paid a chunk of money) on this in the past. If the mods are willing, then I'm happy for you to have my email address.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
maxflinn:SteveR750:

emotion-5.gif

dont try and corrupt me
emotion-60.gif
, im even spelling correctly when im texting people lately, ive got to make up some cv's soon, i dont want prospective employers thinking they are considering hiring "puff daddy"
emotion-5.gif

Don't try to corrupt me, I'm even spelling correctly when I text people nowadays because I've got to put a CV together soon. I don't want prospective employers thinking they may be considering hiring 'puff daddy'.

PS happy to read your CV through if you want fella, joelsimister@hotmail.com.

A

Anonymous

JoelSim:maxflinn:SteveR750:

emotion-5.gif

dont try and corrupt me
emotion-60.gif
emotion-5.gif

Don't try to corrupt me, I'm even spelling correctly when I text people nowadays because I've got to put a CV together soon. I don't want prospective employers thinking they may be considering hiring 'puff daddy'.

PS happy to read your CV through if you want fella, joelsimister@hotmail.com.Don't try to corrupt me. I'm spelling correctly even when I text people because I have to put a CV together soon. I don't want prospective employers thinking they may be considering someone who is partially illiterate.

P.S. I'd be happy to read through your CV if you want, Max.

A

Anonymous

thanks for the offers guys, but my sister is on the case, she works (used to work
emotion-6.gif
) in hr, so ill comandeer her services
emotion-1.gif

p.s. she will understand if im a little economical with the truth
emotion-10.gif

A

Anonymous

Tarquinh:JoelSim:maxflinn:SteveR750:

emotion-5.gif

dont try and corrupt me
emotion-60.gif
emotion-5.gif

emotion-16.gif

PS happy to read your CV through if you want fella, joelsimister@hotmail.com.Don't try to corrupt me. I'm spelling correctly even when I text people because I have to put a CV together soon. I don't want prospective employers thinking they may be considering someone who is partially illiterate.

P.S. I'd be happy to read through your CV if you want, Max.
you cheeky mare tarq
emotion-4.gif

SteveR750

maxflinn:
thanks for the offers guys, but my sister is on the case, she works (used to work
emotion-6.gif
emotion-1.gif

emotion-10.gif

well don't undersell yourself, though overstating or making up experience is worse

A

Anonymous

SteveR750:maxflinn:
emotion-6.gif
emotion-1.gif

emotion-10.gif

well don't undersell yourself, though overstating or making up experience is worse

was it clint who said..

a mans godda do what a mans godda do
emotion-13.gif

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
maxflinn:SteveR750:maxflinn:
emotion-6.gif
emotion-1.gif

emotion-10.gif

was it clint who said..

a mans godda do what a mans godda do
emotion-13.gif

It was Alan Sugar what done it, m'lud.

A

Anonymous

maxflinn:
monitor audio rs6..

pick up in london sw9. demo possible if you bring you're own amp..

can anyone tell me how much these went for? i dont have an ebay account so cant access that info..just curious.. ta..

A

Anonymous

cheers guys
emotion-21.gif
, not a bad price, i wonder if pp is the new owner?

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
maxflinn:cheers guys
emotion-21.gif
, not a bad price, i wonder if pp is the new owner?

I very much doubt it, the thread has only been going for a few days. Give it 9-12 months and maybe.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts