Foam or cheap stands for desktop (bookshelf) speakers on a desk

gasolin

Stands, foam for small desktop (bookshelf) speakers on a desk, on each side of a pc monitor

I have some small speakers that i use with isoacoustics stands 1 gen (for about 8 years), but noticed with triangle borea br02 the highs get's slightly sharp,
im therefor using a pair of cheap Desktop Monitor Speaker Stands by Gear4music https://www.gear4music.com/Recordin...onitor-Speaker-Stands-by-Gear4music-Pair/1DP7 for my defenitive technology demand d7,(returning the trinagle speakers) the base on the stands have become flexible, are to big for my small speakers as well as the base that you put the speakers on it doesn't look so good and they are not so sturdy (more vibrations from the stands when playing loud).

Im therefor looking for some foam that can be angled up or some other stands that don't cost a fortune that are a little smaller

This has foam almost has the perfect size 190x240mm. my speakers are just about 140x220mm

if you don't have a super big desk it might look stupid when some of the foam is hanging outside of the desk (or conflicting with an xxl mousepad) when trying to toe them in, if the foam is alot longer than the speakers, which most are (around 300mm) so 240mm long is a very good depth

What type of foam is the best for small speakers on a desk ?

Is there any cheap speaker stands for use on a desk where both the plate on the desk and the base for the speakers is small (140x220mm) , height adjustment woulkd be a very nice thing to have.
Top Dimensions for the gear4music stands are 230 x 230mm

preview.jpg

James105

Oct 30, 2019
Visit site
Stands, foam for small desktop (bookshelf) speakers on a desk, on each side of a pc monitor

I have some small speakers that i use with isoacoustics stands 1 gen (for about 8 years), but noticed with triangle borea br02 the highs get's slightly sharp,
im therefor using a pair of cheap Desktop Monitor Speaker Stands by Gear4music https://www.gear4music.com/Recordin...onitor-Speaker-Stands-by-Gear4music-Pair/1DP7 for my defenitive technology demand d7,(returning the trinagle speakers) the base on the stands have become flexible, are to big for my small speakers as well as the base that you put the speakers on it doesn't look so good and they are not so sturdy (more vibrations from the stands when playing loud).

Im therefor looking for some foam that can be angled up or some other stands that don't cost a fortune that are a little smaller

This has foam almost has the perfect size 190x240mm. my speakers are just about 140x220mm

if you don't have a super big desk it might look stupid when some of the foam is hanging outside of the desk (or conflicting with an xxl mousepad) when trying to toe them in, if the foam is alot longer than the speakers, which most are (around 300mm) so 240mm long is a very good depth

What type of foam is the best for small speakers on a desk ?

Is there any cheap speaker stands for use on a desk where both the plate on the desk and the base for the speakers is small (140x220mm) , height adjustment woulkd be a very nice thing to have.
Top Dimensions for the gear4music stands are 230 x 230mm

preview.jpg
I'm using these Gasolin, £50 from amazon and I'm extremely please with them. Read the reviews the top plate is 145mm x 120mm from Memory.

Screenshot 2020-09-01 at 16.19.26.png

Reactions: Al ears

gasolin

Im actually back on my isoacoustics stand, the foam i got didn't do anything positive for me
It does sound different using foam instead of my isoacoustics stands and it's mostly in the highs)

My gear4music stands (picture) are flimsy, crooked, basically not to good, i wanted to try something diffrrent without spending alot of money (i did option for a super fast delivery with no, we will pay if you deside to return it)

My isoacoustics stands are 8" tall and atm use the smallest angle up, i need around 2 inches to be listening between the tweeter and woofer

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts