Ultrasone Pro 750

Paulq

Dec 2, 2007
Visit site
I must have been very good this year as Santa brought me a very unexpected pair of these. Not had chance to plug them in yet but will review when I do.

Anyone else had any experience of them? I was after a set of closed backs to use with my Hi Fi predominantly but occasionally iMac and iPod - not sire what their impedance of so don't know how the iPod will cope.

Happy!! :)

A

Anonymous

hi

santa has also been very generous as i also got a pair of these.

i plugged them in using my FiiO E5 and they sound beautiful still burning them in but each time i pick them up they sound even better.

very good isolation although a bit more sound leakage than i had hoped for but not really a major issue for me tbh

i think the impedance on these is 40 ohms

i herd there is a pretty decent mod for them on head fi called the kees mod. ]

A

Anonymous

hi

i plugged them in using my FiiO E5 and they sound beautiful still burning them in but each time i pick them up they sound even better.

very good isolation although a bit more sound leakage than i had hoped for but not really a major issue for me tbh

i herd there is a pretty decent mod for them on head fi called the kees mod. ]

Paulq

Dec 2, 2007
Visit site
Ironic but good to have a partner in crime. From my Linn setup they do sound amazing but my iPod struggles so I have ordered the Fiio E5 and LOD cable specifically for that.

I am just curious as to whether they, and the Grados, would be further improved by a dedicated headphone amp for the Linn kit I have. I have no idea how good or otherwise the quality of the Classik headphone out is.

I have the bug definitely now and am also seriously contemplating saving up for some Beyer DT770 Pro and maybe some AKG's as heard a lot about them both.

10/10 for the Ultrasones so far though.

Paulq

Dec 2, 2007
Visit site
gcameron said:
hi

i herd there is a pretty decent mod for them on head fi called the kees mod.

Not sure I would want to tinker with them to be honest. The sound from them is pretty awesome but I find them really uncomfortable and, for a £300 ish set I am not blown away by the build quality as one of the removable pads keeps coming off.

I think I may be looking to swap them out, just not sure what else I can get, closed back, that's decent and suitable for rock at that price point.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts