UGENT Help Please: Samsung/Arcam

MyWhatHiFi

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Hi

I'm trying to rig my Samsung 7 series LED to an Arcam Solo Min. This is for basic stereo sound. Here's the snag, the Samsang only has AV IN and Component ... :( It has Digital Audio out (optical) so how the heck do you connect that as the Arcam has no Optical sockets?

Please help as I'm pulling my hair out on this one ... :(

Thanks in advance.

I also have a PS3 if that helps. (ProfessorHat - your good with these things)

John Duncan

This picture of a Samsung 7 series suggests that they do have audio out (though obviously may be model-specific):

EDIT - actually, forget that - a quick scan of the specs says yes, you have no audio out!

So you have two options - plug the digital out into an AV amp or processor or get a DAC to take that optical out and turn it into an analogue signal...

MyWhatHiFi

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Hey Cheers, its the LED tv, so it has that kinda extra lead you use to extend it the AV IN. (LED UEB407020). I ptomise you theres no AV Out. I'm gutted.

MyWhatHiFi

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
(Firstlythanks to you both)

Right, the Scart adabpter I have something similar. Just tried it and still no sound.- but its an old adaptor.

The DAV, right that has potential... Cant believe I didnt even look at this (Feel a right fool). But feel better there are options so thanks.

I didnt know the Scart took sound to the TV in that way?

Erm DAC, cant find one?

MyWhatHiFi

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Heck, yes (sorry).

Right, hows best to connect this? If I go for a DAC, the TV is 3mtrs away from the Stereo. How does the TV connect to the DAC? Do I have to buy a large 3mtr Optical LEad, then plug that to the DAC THEN to the Stereo?

Blimey .... =/

MyWhatHiFi

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Thanks JohnDuncan. What a pain of a set up! I so didnt think this through. But then - the samsung has limited outputs :(

A DAC it is. At least I can beef up the sound.

Thanks, panic over ...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts