Surround sound basic set up help!

Bluemoon1502

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Hi I'm sorry to post this but I really need some basic help setting up my surround sound.. I honestly can't work out where the wires go! I've got my speakers set up but how do I connect to my TV?

I have my sky box in hdmi 1 and a chromecast in hdmi 2. I have hdmi 3 spare. I have red and white AV left and right audio, digital audio out (optical) and a stereo jack. My hdmi 1 says DVI next it, not sure if that means anything..

On the amp for the surrounding sound it has HDMI, coaxial and optical in.

I would like to be able to put the tv on and whatever is on the tv (sky or chromecast) will play through the surround sound speakers. I have tried to search for the answer but I don't understand most of the terminology so I can't work out what I need to do.

Please help!!

Ryan

Bluemoon1502

May 24, 2016
Visit site
The amp/dvd player part of the surround sound only has 1 hdmi port so everything is plugged into my TV. The only thing that's plugged into the amp at rhe moment is the speakers..

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi...don't know which TV you have. But in your tv settings menu, under audio, choose external speakers. Then your tv will route the audio information from your plugged in HDMI sources to the optical out, and into your amp. Then what ever you watch on your TV, the sound will.come through your amp and the connected speakers

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Forgot to mention in my above post that you need a optical cable. Besides in my home setup, I have all my equipment powers through a single plug, which has got two powr conditioners and splitters in line. So when I switch on the TV, my amp , blue ray player, and set top box power up simultaneously. And I have given my TV mastr control, so whenever I switch on my TV, the TV will trigger my amp on. And play through the speakers connected to my amp.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts