Two Rocks Dont Make a Bright?????

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
3 months on Im still loving my Roksan Kandy CDP and getting psyched up for the next upgrade. assuming i will get an improvement with a dedicated hi fi amp I am looking at the acclaimed Kandy amp. My concern is avoiding adding additional components that will push it from bright to shrill. Anyone heard the roksan as a pair and care to share their thoughts?

A

Anonymous

I heard it on MA speakers. Stayed on for about 3 minutes. The Rotel did a much better job and I don't feel like my ears are closing up when I listen to it. Try it for yourself on the KEFs as you might like it.

A

Anonymous

I have the KC-1 & KA-1 running Br2's and it is bright but not shrill and i can't stop listening to it!

I use a VDH "Name" interconnect and i think that helps a bit.

I do plan on replacing the Br2's with 685's when funds allow, anyone know if they'd be suitable or would they make the system brighter?

Thanks,
Adam

A

Anonymous

Hi Leemal, I initially thought the Roksan pairing were bright, driving my KEF Q1s. I had since bought a Beresford DAC and it takes the brightness right out of it (for me) and I'm really happy with the sound now. The KEF Q1s do not seem to be a good pairing, for me anyway, with the Roksan kit. I had tested other speakers and the best pairings IMO were a pair of ProAc Ref 8 were really good followed closely by B&W 685s. But what really blew me away was the ProAc 130s and so I live in hope...

You can get a good deal off ebay for second hand Roksan L3 - you might pick one up for about £300-400

A

Anonymous

Cheers all for comments, Think your right about Kef's though Simonkee, there are certainly better partners for Roksan. I Love the look of the new Neat Motives but again think brightness might be an issue.

I've got quite a large lounge to fill aswell (6m x6m) so end up wringing the systems neck to fill it which doesnt help.

A

Anonymous

The Kandy will not have any probs with size of room - mines is about 5 by 5 and a bit, and I rarely have it past 10 o clock and thats with my Kefs! Have you tested the Kandy's together? It might be an aquired taste but as I say, you can get a deal off Ebay and sell it (if you don't like it) for the same bucks. It's really weird though with the Kandy (without the DAC), many of my CDs sound absolutely stunning, yet others are pants - I never seemed to have had those extremes with my previous amp (Rotel RA-04). Never tested the Neats but they look cracking!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts