TV classifieds

gbuilder

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm really impressed by the new What HiFi? beta online shop for new products. I'm also looking at second hand TVs and was wandering if anyone can recomend decent online classifieds. So far the only one I know of is AVForums which is quite good. Any others you know of?

I'm loathed to use eBay unless I have to since it saddens me to think they get such a big cut out of every sale.

Thanks

D

Deleted member 2457

gbuilder said:
I'm really impressed by the new What HiFi? beta online shop for new products. I'm also looking at second hand TVs and was wandering if anyone can recomend decent online classifieds. So far the only one I know of is AVForums which is quite good. Any others you know of?

I'm loathed to use eBay unless I have to since it saddens me to think they get such a big cut out of every sale.

Thanks

Hi

Gumtree is next big one I can think of, and some shops do decent trade-ins.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I've sold a lot of stuff on Gumtree - the key is just to be sensible. Meet the person in their home, get them to show you the item working and let you have a play before you part with the cash. When I've sold stuff, I've always made a point that it will be ready to demo in the advert. For one guy, I even gave him a quick 30 minute tutorial on how to use Mac OS X!

One thing though, if you've agreed the amount on the phone before you go, don't try and haggle the price down when you get there (unless there's something clearly wrong or missing) - this really annoyed me and I always told people who did this where to go.

gbuilder

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks gel and professorhat.

You've reassured me that gumtree can be a great place to shop for bargains.

I agree that people that haggle after agreeing a price and time wasters can be very annoying. I'm always clear about price and make sure not to let sellers down.

George

TRENDING THREADS