true HD audio on the CA 540R home cinema receiver help

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, Planning to get the CA540R AV receiver with mordaunt-short speakers for my HT setup..This receiver goes best with the MS speakers as per my taste..I tried the Onkyo 605, musical performace wasn't great with the MS, the top end became very hard.. I will be acquiring a Blu-ray player soon, and as you guys know the CA doesn't have HDMI 1.3, it is only a HDMI 1.1 switching..as per my understanding, I can still get lossless true HD multichannel audio through multichannel analog out to the receiver from the player.. is this correct or is there any gap in my understanding?

A

Anonymous

Hi Andrew,

Any idea how the Panasonic DMP-BD30 in this regard?

A

Anonymous

I currently have the DMP-BD30 connected to my Sony DA1200ES via the analogue inputs and I must say the difference between this and the sound via the optical cable is brilliant.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
That's pretty good then - three pairs of Gothams - £30 and no need to upgrade my STRDA1200 for HD audio. Andrew, do you think that I would notice a good difference through my speakers if I did upgrade my receiver? Eventually I will want to for extra hdmi inputs, would it be worthwhile going to the next price level or would my speakers not really warrant a better receiver? I've been thinking Denon 3808.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Gerrardasnails"]Andrew, do you think that I would notice a good difference through my speakers if I did upgrade my receiver?[/quote]

Monsieur Escargots,

Yes probably you would, but TBH I'd wait and see what the summer brings, with new models on the way from almost all of the major players in this field.

For now, I'd just enjoy...

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Nice play on the name! That was the plan actually. Wait until the new Denons and Pioneers (especially) come out and then either bag a bargain from the HD audio versions produced last year or spend out on a new all singing, all dancing version (if it's worth it). Thanks again.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts