Trouble with Sony BDPS550 and Accoustic Energy Aego P5 HD Audio

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Folks,

I need some help confirming whether or not my Aego P5 can take the multi channel audio output from the Sony BDPS550. I picked up 3 pairs of RCA Leads last week and connected these from my analogue outputs on the blu-ray player to the analogue inputs on the Aego P5. However when cycling through the audio inputs the sound was very low and not right at all although the sub was working ok I think. The only options on the Aego P5 input wise on the display was Optical, Co-axial, 3 auxialiary stereo inputs and no matter what one I had selected the sound was the same although when I pressed the button to change between them the sound seemed to work for a split second as if it was skipping the correct input.

When I switched back and just plugged in a co-axial cable and selected this as the input the sound was back to normal but obviously would not be HD audio just standard 5.1 although it sounded better than normal dvd audio playback.

It sounds to me as if my Aego P5 will not handle the multi channel audio properly, what do you guys think?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Have you setup the speaker settings correctly on the Sony S550 (pages 45 - 48 of the manual). When using the multichannel outputs, you have to set the distances and speaker levels on the Blu-Ray player.

ÿ

A

Anonymous

Ok, didn't realise that, I did set the multi channel option on the player but assumed the distances and levels would be ok on a default setting. I'll try this out to see if it makes a difference.

Thanks

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Dude, I might be reading the manual wrong here http://www.acoustic-energy.co.uk/Editor/Files/Aego5%20MkII%20Owners%20Manual%202.pdf but those RCA inputs AREN'T multi-channel analogue inputs, it's 3 pairs of stereo analogue inputs, so you can't connect your Blu-Ray player's multi-channel analogue outputs to the P5 I'm afraid.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that but this is the link to my manual,

http://www.acoustic-energy.co.uk/editor/images/aego5manual.pdf

There are 6 additional sockets on mine as you can see on the rear panel from the link above. I was hoping to use these as inputs but perhaps they are in fact outputs to enable you to just use the decoder box with other speakers rathan than the ones that come with the Aego system.

A

Anonymous

Looks like I was being too optimistic there! Thanks for all your help/advice chaps. 5.1 still sounds pretty good anyway for the time being. Will have to start saving up for an av amp and new speakers later on this year.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts