Tracking down old hi-fi make.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
View attachment 5987
Finally took the plunge and dived into the storage - it's a Kenwood!!!! Can anyone tell me anything about it - is Kenwood such a small hi-fi maker that no-one thought of it? Any thoughts welcome.
I suspect other HiFi makers recognised the design issues with the Cassette Tape slot, imagine the angst of trying to get to the tape that has got tangled inside the machine, nightmare not unless the front panel is removable that allows you to retrieve the tape?

I suspect other HiFi makers recognised the design issues with the Cassette Tape slot, imagine the angst of trying to get to the tape that has got tangled inside the machine, nightmare not unless the front panel is removable that allows you to retrieve the tape?
In the original post he said it played Minidiscs. Therefore I don’t imagine it played cassettes at all.

The picture is too blurry to be sure, but I don’t recall any home cassette decks with side-on slots, although I believe it was popular for car cassette players.

Reactions: Al ears

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
In the original post he said it played Minidiscs. Therefore I don’t imagine it played cassettes at all.

The picture is too blurry to be sure, but I don’t recall any home cassette decks with side-on slots, although I believe it was popular for car cassette players.

Minidiscs! Goodness me, as you've mentioned; It did remind me of those cassette slots you see in a car audio cockpit.
I do recall the transparent cartridge with the mini cd inside back in the day and they were pretty cool and I also thought the Minidiscs became obsolete , the success Sony was anticipating never came but hey-ho; you can still buy a Sony Minidisc player on Amazon, Sony hasn't given it up for dust!

1706205316796.png

TRENDING THREADS