Tracking down old hi-fi make.

brendanxx

Dec 23, 2023
Visit site
Years ago I bought a small system, I think the maker began with H or M. It was a limited edition, I think of 500 machines, it played mini discs and cds. Does anyone know what maker it might be?

Years ago I bought a small system, I think the maker began with H or M. It was a limited edition, I think of 500 machines, it played mini discs and cds. Does anyone know what maker it might be?
Are you in the UK?
Hitachi, Marantz?
Not enough information to go on really. You could try a simple Google image search as you know what it looked like.....

brendanxx

Dec 23, 2023
Visit site
Yes UK. Tried image search also Chatgpt - it's in storage at the moment so I'll probably get desperate to know and attempt to unearth it. I think it's a British make - sure it begins with H.
Anyway thanks for your interest.
Happy Christmas!

Yes UK. Tried image search also Chatgpt - it's in storage at the moment so I'll probably get desperate to know and attempt to unearth it. I think it's a British make - sure it begins with H.
Anyway thanks for your interest.
Happy Christmas!
It’s the mini-disc part that throws me off. There is no way that would be in a limited edition, and highly unlikely British either. It’s a very Japanese design, dominated by inventor Sony.

Old music centres were made by a British firm called Hacker but that was 50 years ago. Cannot think of any British brands with M that might be relevant.

I think you need to unearth it and let us know!

njprrogers

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
No idea what Chatgpt is are you just trying to promote this?
It is conversational AI. It uses lots of different sources... you ask it a question and it gives you an answer in conversation form. It's the next big thing (or the current big thing) and is why you have maybe been hearing a lot more about AI in the last year or so.

Reactions: Al ears

Friesiansam

It is conversational AI. It uses lots of different sources... you ask it a question and it gives you an answer in conversation form. It's the next big thing (or the current big thing) and is why you have maybe been hearing a lot more about AI in the last year or so.

Thanks for the explanation, I wondered why it was of little help. :)
Do not rely on ChatGPT to provide accurate answers. Improving accuracy requires that you put great care into formulating your questions. It is known to sometimes produce answers that are entirely fictitious.

Do some research first, before using it for anything other than amusement.

brendanxx

Dec 23, 2023
Visit site
IMG_0007.jpg
Finally took the plunge and dived into the storage - it's a Kenwood!!!! Can anyone tell me anything about it - is Kenwood such a small hi-fi maker that no-one thought of it? Any thoughts welcome.

View attachment 5987
Finally took the plunge and dived into the storage - it's a Kenwood!!!! Can anyone tell me anything about it - is Kenwood such a small hi-fi maker that no-one thought of it? Any thoughts welcome.
they were quite a big manufacturer of some repute.
Now you know what it is can you not do a Google search as I very much doubt anty forum member will have owned one.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts