Totem Tribe Tower and what WHF got wrong!

D

Deleted member 188533

Literally listening to that in another tab as I clicked on this. lol

They look great.

Not sure WHFI have got it wrong. If you read their review in its entirety it almost mirrors the one that bod in the video has concluded.

I never take any review too literally. They are good as a basic reference.

FWIW I've been a Totem fan for years and bang on about the Arros quite a bit.

Reactions: Al ears
I'm not sure what part of the review you didn't like. I know that many owners who love their equipment don't like any less than 5 star reviews. But 4 stars is excellent too. The only "against" alludes to larger cabinet sized rivals which, by laws of Physics, sound bigger. "Bigger", not "better".

Once again the reviews are normally one mans opinion and, although he might have heard a lot more equipment than most punters, his opinion is never going to be confirmed by everyone else that goes and auditions.
So, whatever you may think, there is never an 'accurate ' review, there's only people's differing opinions.
Another reason also is that the equipment used to carry out the review is invariably different as is the listening environment
And yes, I really rate the Arro and other Totem speakers to.

As What hifi said and I'm paraphrasing, for there size they're surprising but alternatives at similar price deliver more, and that seems to be the theme of the review. Hence the 4 stars. Though nowhere did they say they're bad in the review.
As always when speakers are imported to the UK from the States and Canada the dollars to pounds pricing fiasco kicks in along with import duties etc.
To put them on a par with prices in their home territory these speakers should should be compared with others in the £3500 range, I wonder how many stars they would be given then...

D

Deleted member 116933

As always when speakers are imported to the UK from the States and Canada the dollars to pounds pricing fiasco kicks in along with import duties etc.
To put them on a par with prices in their home territory these speakers should should be compared with others in the £3500 range, I wonder how many stars they would be given then...

I think it would be pretty much the same verdict as you're then putting them up against very serious and competitive homegrown speakers from the likes of PMC kef, B&W and Russell K, But that's just a guess. Depends what one holds dear in ones listening habits.

On a personal note, Mini Floorstanders don't make much sense to me. You can the same level of performance from a stand mount and probably for a lot cheaper. But that just my personal take on it. I have yet to hear a convincing mini floorstander but these could be it.

I think it would be pretty much the same verdict as you're then putting them up against very serious and competitive homegrown speakers from the likes of PMC kef, B&W and Russell K, But that's just a guess. Depends what one holds dear in ones listening habits.

On a personal note, Mini Floorstanders don't make much sense to me. You can the same level of performance from a stand mount and probably for a lot cheaper. But that just my personal take on it. I have yet to hear a convincing mini floorstander but these could be it.
I agree to a point but don't believe you can get same level of performance from standmounts as you don't have the internal space to work with, and by the time you factor in the price of a decent pair of stands you will not get it cheaper.

D

Deleted member 116933

I agree to a point but don't believe you can get same level of performance from standmounts as you don't have the internal space to work with, and by the time you factor in the price of a decent pair of stands you will not get it cheaper.

maybe a very personal opinion on my behalf

Surly Sid

Feb 6, 2020
Visit site
That's a great point. Here in Canada, they sell for only two thirds of what they sell for in the UK. They are a much better value over here. British brands like Harbeth here are terribly expensive.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts