Totally confused !!! Please help !

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Any comment or guidance will be greatly appreciated -- Its to update my system and its been a while so I'm lost --currently looking at the Bose Acoustic Wave System II or the Which magazine advises a DENON D-F103HRDAB - not looking at spending over £1000 -so any views or suggestions???. I like the bose as its a sealed unit but is it the best ?????? Please help !! Thanks

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
No, it's not the best. And neither is the Denon.

What's your budget, and what do you want the system to offer in an ideal world (CD, DAB radio, size/shape?)

Let us know and we'll be happy to point you in the direction of a superb system.

A

Anonymous

Its just for home use but I do like quality -- I have £1000 budget -- yuor thoughts and guidance are greatly appreciated !

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
And are you set on a one-box system, or would separates (ie CD player plus amplifier and speakers) be acceptable? Also, are you set on very small speakers?

Sorry to ask so many questions, but you've got a lot of options at that price point, and I don't want to waste your time recommend something you wouldn't be happy living with!

A

Anonymous

Would prefer a 1 box ( manufacter ) system --- obviously you have a wealth of knowledge -- many thanks !

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I'd agree with John's advice on the Arcam Solo Mini (£650) - fully reviewed in our latest (April) issue. All the details here.

The speakers pictured with the Solo Mini are Arcam's own Muso pair (£280), which are a good match for the system - you'd easily be able to hear/buy them at the same dealers, too (and there's a list of those retailers on the same website, here). If you don't like the look of the speakers, I can suggest many alternatives that'd suit your budget.

And if you own an iPod, you could also add Arcam's rDock (£120) to charge and control your player.

In fact you could win the entire Arcam package in a current Sevenoaks competition, here.

John Duncan

[quote user="Clare Newsome"]
I'd agree with John's advice on the Arcam Solo Mini (£650) - fully reviewed in our latest (April) issue. All the details here.

The speakers pictured with the Solo Mini are Arcam's own Muso pair (£280), which are a good match for the system - you'd easily be able to hear/buy them at the same dealers, too (and there's a list of those retailers on the same website, here). If you don't like the look of the speakers, I can suggest many alternatives that'd suit your budget.

And if you own an iPod, you could also add Arcam's rDock (£120) to charge and control your player.

In fact you could win the entire Arcam package in a current Sevenoaks competition, here.

[/quote]

Good point about the Mini + Dock - just depends on how "all-in-one" you want it to be. I didn't like the Musos though, think there are better options out there - though my knowledge is more of 200 quid and 600 quid speakers, rather than anything in between - for example, it sounds great with a pair of Diamond 9.1s and even better with PMC DB1+'s

One point - consider carefully whether you can deal with a slot-loader - I completely scr-wed my Sony HCIB by trying to put a disc in when there was one in there already
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

[quote user="jackthelad01"]
Would prefer a 1 box ( manufacter ) system --- obviously you have a wealth of knowledge -- many thanks !

[/quote]

I had an Arcam Solo with Quad 11L's,pretty darn good.the DAB was just a bonus for me as the cd playback is what won me over.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for pointing me in right direction --will be purchasing your recommendation shortly- - again I recognise your effort and views in helping me choose a suitable system --- It looks FAB --and hopefully sounds tremendous !!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts