Toslink to Coax converters

A

Anonymous

I'd also be interested in recommendations on one of these. Could do with one to hook up my new telly to surround processor, which only has a measily 2 optical inputs, but plenty of coax inputs. I could use analogue inputs, but I'd like the digital stream from FreeviewHD. And to be fair, a little jitter whilst watching the IT Crowd isn't going to bother me much. ;-)

One thing I'd like to know, is what power requirements these have, I'd rather not phaff with another wall wart and possibly power it from 5V USB or 12V trigger line if possible.

A

Anonymous

What you need is a Felston DD740 sound delay unit :) I bought one of these with the main purpose being to sort out the lip sync problem when playing DVDs with the audio through my hifi, but as a side benefit it has 2 coax and 2 optical inputs, each of which is separately programmable. There is a coax and optical output, so normally would use one of those but guess both could be used if you have 2 devices requiring the digital audio e.g. AV amp for movies and DAC for hifi.

http://www.felston.com/

A

Anonymous

Sounds good, but it ain't cheap. £200 compares to £10 for a cheap and cheerful ebay box. :p

A

Anonymous

Still a little sceptical, the only other option I see is a DAC magic or rDAC, but seems a little OTT just to convert between Toslink and Coax digital.

Cheers

A

Anonymous

Those simple box converters should do the job well enough. The advantage of the Felston (for me) is that is provides additional digital connections i.e 4 into 1. But if you only need a single converter the above is a much cheaper solution...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts