Top end Yamaha DVD Player and QED Performance HDMI for £250; Total RRP £950

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just purchased the Yamaha DVDS2700 DVD player for the price above through Amazon, who were working as an agent for Peter Tyson Online. It is an excellent DVD player with stunning sound and picture quality. I would be a touch disappointed with the performance having paid the full RRP, however, as more recent models such as the new £600 Marantz player and Denons '2930 offer very similar performance for less, I would even say the Marantz is better. Judging this player against similarly priced competition, such as the Denon '1940 you can easily discern a useful gain in picture and more noticeably, sound quality. The finish is top notch as well and the inclusion of QED's award winning HDMI cable is a bonus and makes this an absolute no brainer for anyone looking to spend around this amount. I even had slightly less in mind with a budget of £200 and went for the Yamaha hoping it would be worth the extra and it certainly is. Feel free to ask me for more information on what I think about it, as WHF has not reviewed this model. http://amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_w_h_/202-7994158-3641413?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=dvds2700

A

Anonymous

I bought mine a few months ago (was a brand new overstock for £300) and was very pleased with its audiovisual performance. However, on some of my (factory) DVD discs I experienced slight or more substantial jerky playback which had never been a problem with my previous player. And those jerky discs kept coming so I contacted my dealer and according to Yamaha UK it is all very normal ,having to do something with post-processing. It was stated that there was nothing to do about it and we just have to accept this phenomenon. OK, went to my dealer with my discs as he had two more Yammies - same thing with those. Beware.

My replacement Denon is on its way now.
emotion-1.gif

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I have to ask the question, has the OP tested all the dvd players he mentions in his post? I would be amazed if the Yamaha had significant if any gains to the Denon 1940 - which interestingly John, plays NTSC and PAL no problem whatsoever. And I have seen the Denon for £175 - stunning value.

A

Anonymous

No, no they were plain vanilla R2 PAL discs. Interestingly, the Yamaha employee also mentioned that it could be caused by bad transfer....

Well, those discs are perfectly enjoyable now on my new Denon-2930. Case closed.

A

Anonymous

Gerrardasnails:I have to ask the question, has the OP tested all the dvd players he mentions in his post? I would be amazed if the Yamaha had significant if any gains to the Denon 1940 - which interestingly John, plays NTSC and PAL no problem whatsoever. And I have seen the Denon for £175 - stunning value. Yes, I own the Denon 2930 and tested the '1940 and '7001 in sevenoaks by appointment. The marantz player is stunning and superbly built - I couldnt get over the weight of it!

A

Anonymous

This deal is no longer available. The DVD player is still £249.90, but the cable is no longer included.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts