To blu-tac or not to blu-tac...............

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Monitor Br2 on Z2 stands. I use 4 blobs of blu-tac on the top plate of the stands then sit the speakers on top of the blu-tac which stops it sliding off which is good, but the question is, will they sound better on the blu-tac or sat directly on the top plate. Your thoughts and opinion are greatly welcome.

A

Anonymous

I think its better with the blutac I have same stands & simlar shape speakers to you & I would not be without my blutac!! At the end of the day most hifi shops say to do it to?

A

Anonymous

We'd always say with. It's a small thing, but it makes a big difference.

A

Anonymous

When the what hi fi guys test speakers and stands what do they use, any one know?

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Blu-tac all the way for me

Apparently you can get special 'half-squash balls' well, thats what they look like, but why spend £20 when you can get blu-tac for less than £1 and it doesnt make any difference to the sound at all but gives you peace of mind that your speakers arent gonna move around on the stands!

A

Anonymous

We almost always use Blu-tac, unless the speakers in question don't respond well to it. In some cases, we'll use speaker stands with top-spikes, which means no need for the blue stuff.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Andy Kerr"]We almost always use Blu-tac, unless the speakers in question don't respond well to it. In some cases, we'll use speaker stands with top-spikes, which means no need for the blue stuff.[/quote] Do you use blue tac for the sound quality /acoustics or just to stop them slipping off?

A

Anonymous

Sound. There are circumstances when it's not necessary (depending on the stands/speakers), but most of the time it's very effective.

A

Anonymous

Thanks i will put the blu-tac back on, but why have such a large top plate when only a small part of the speaker bottom is in contact with the top plate, does not make sense to me.

A

Anonymous

PMC recommend blutack.......

http://www.pmc-speakers.com/product.php?mode=view&pid=134

jules.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts