Tidal and drop outs

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
It’s a hard one there compatibility issue somewhere but all you have done is change internet providers so shouldn’t of changed anything really

the only thing you can do is ask for a different router or change to a different port on the router with the hardwired connection you make I can’t see it being the firewall that the router uses being the problem .

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes i think I am going to try the router recommended on the BT Community forum.

Thanks for taking time to post this morning. Much appreciated.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I am sorry I couldn’t help more !

whats it run like at night time late at night when people are not using there internet so much when it’s not peak time ? If your got a iPad or something that shows everyone else’s WiFi network where you live in your street it will show you who is on BT in your street because they will be sharing your internet somewhere a long the line .

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Its the same problems at night. Its the same tracks and it happens in the same places. About 2 seconds before the end of the track.

I also live in a farily quiet area. A lot of fileds in front of me and not a great deal of housing

The poster on the BT forum thinks it could be the router

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
The trouble with BT they change to come out to see what the problem is but it’s been a long time now since I’ve been with BT so do not no if they still charge to come out .

are you still in your cooling of period ? As you could change to someone else if your not happy which you are not

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunatley I got the BT Broadband on 4th December......so too late.

I contacted tIDAL back then and they said it was an issue they were working on.....truth is I dont think they had a clue and their support was very poor

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Womaz said:
Unfortunatley I got the BT Broadband on 4th December......so too late.

I contacted tIDAL back then and they said it was an issue they were working on.....truth is I dont think they had a clue and their support was very poor

Would it be worth trying something like Spotify or Apple music on one their trial periods to see if the problem persists with them?

Mac

www.realmusicnet.wordpress.com

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Mac there would be no point as I would want a FLAC quality stream at least.

I did trial qobuz last month and had similar issues

insider9

I'm not familiar with Melco. From architecture perspective does it work as a source or is your mobile a source that's sending data to Melco?

If that's the latter it would point to WiFi conecticity issues. As Tidal data would be sent to mobile to then be sent via Upnp or similar back to Melco. I've struggled like this when using Yamaha WXC-50 until I upgraded the router and before they offered Tidal as one of the services.

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
My Devialet 200 is connected to my Melco via USB. The Melco is connected to my router with ethernet cable.

I assume the Melco is the source? Although the music obvioulsy not stored on it

The Melco provides access to Tidal.....there is no PC involved

I use the Linn Kazoo app on my Ipad to control Tidal.

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Coming to think of it the Ipad is the only place I can access the Tidal material so maybe it is sending the signal to the Melco?

insider9

Looking at the specs it looks like Tidal is via Upnp and Melco is only a render and not a source. If that's the case your WiFi connectivity is the issue.

Looks like you may need to upgrade your router.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Womaz said:
Mac there would be no point as I would want a FLAC quality stream at least.

I did trial qobuz last month and had similar issues

O I see, just thought it was a way of ruling out a problemm with Tidal, wasn't suggest you make it your main stream source.

Mac

www.realmusicnet.wordpress.com

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
Going by the website you need a switcher and a separate streamer ?

I dont think so as it worked with Tidal for a good eight months before I switched to BT

Thanks for all the help guys. The new router has been ordered

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
Press the blue link I put up and scroll down it will show you the different connections that go with the Melco I understand you had it working beforehand

Yes I did have a look at that but I have had it for over 2 years and never set it uo like that......its the newer model on the website but yes I am confused as to why its different....this whole thing baffling me

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I have bought a new router and this did not solve the problem either, so just a load of time wasted and hassle.

My gut feeling is its BT as it only started happening the very first day I got the BT service in. Tracks dont finish, its usually 1 0r 2 seconds before the end of the track and its the same tracks. If I knew more about how streaming works and how it gets streamed it may help. Tidal say its an issue affecting a number of users and they are working on it.....but I am not sure its a priority.

I now have no idea where to turn. Tidal is now an absolute must for me, i could not give it up.

insider9

Sorry to hear this. Have you tried another tablet/smartphone or possibly a BubbleUpnp app? There is a free version you can test functionality on. I'm using BubbleUpnp whenever I'm not bothered with Roon and just want background music with no room correction. So BubbleUpnp connects directly to my amp and sends Tidal. It works perfectly 99% of the time with very rare glitches. If it works the full version cost only a few quid. But free version at least will show you if there's any improvement.

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I dont have android at all, but I do have my I phone so I guess I can try it on there.

Its been a frustrating few days. I have gone from someone who used streaming to browse before buting to a total streaming solution and I dont buy music anymore so this has me doing a rethink

insider9

I'm in the same boat. Most of my listening is via Tidal so it's an absolute must. Should you consider equipment changes please have a look at Roon. As long as your hardware supports it, it really is an amazing solution that integrates home library and Tidal with added benefits of multi room and DSP.

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
The melco doesnt support Roon, I dont realy want to spend more cash right now as I have spent a lot over kast 2 years or so.

I would have roon if possibe as its a steal for the price, but I doubt ot would solve my problem if its a netwrk issue

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts