Tidal and drop outs

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
That makes two of us *stop*

I have contacted my dealer who has sent an email to Melco. I am determned to solve the issue this time, and yes I guess it may involve more expense

I have a great system now and its wasted really as more often than not I stick my DAP and headphones on as it works flawlessly with no problems at the end of tracks

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I know you said the streaming music worked ok before changing internet providers but I can’t help thinking it something do with your Melco or the tidal app and I totally understand that none of the settings have changed only the internet .

Could there be a fault with the Melco ? Is there any reset on the Melco

emcc_3

Feb 20, 2008
Visit site
andyjm said:
emcc_3 said:
This sounds great. Currently have a main router and a slave set up to fix Wi-Fi issues. How hard are they to set up? Also can see that they can be put outdoors as well.

If your question is about Ubiquiti, they are great.  I have a house that rambles around a bit, and I have 5 access points.  I have 'all bars' full strength WiFi throughout the house.  The access points all have the same SSID and password, so devices jump from access point to access point.  I bought the optional central controller that allows for seamless handoffs - just like a cellphone. Should you wish to, you can wander about streaming to (say) a laptop or on a Skype call and the connection will jump to the next access point without dropping as you move around.  Very cool.  There is a similar system, Ruckus, but that is many times the price.  My Sonos system uses the Ubiquiti Wifi, not its own mesh network, and I find Ubiquiti far better.

It is really an enterprise system, and will support up to 255 access points on a single installation (an office or hospital for example), however it is relatively straigtforward to fit.  The access points are powered down the ethernet cable, so it makes placing the access points easier.  It isn't plug and play, you do have to configure the system from a laptop or similar, but for a basic home system it is easy enough.

Sounds great will have to get a couple.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts