thx calibation disc

jordanfx

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
any body know why the dvd version star wars is different from the blu ray version on terminator 2.t2 gets you turn the brightness down very low.i think much to low.now gone back to settings on star wars dvd.

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
If you want to do it better than the THX setup with a few more options you can download the FREE AVCHD 709 disc which should play in most Blu-ray players & includes video introduction on basic TV calibration. Found here clicky you have to download the AVCHD.EXE file & write it to a normal DVD there are instructions on the website.

Regards ...

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I have a calibration blu-ray disk,which is ok for getting the right contrast/brightness settings,however i'm about to get an oppo105( more detailed settings)so will be getting fully calibrated by a THX registered guy in the coming months,imo the £225 is worth it becouse the settings are as near referance as your av stuff will allow (colours etc)...its a one of payment.:)

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
How many hours have you clocked up?

I had mine on for 10hrs a day for 3weeks :rofl:

Been holding out on the calibration for a while as i wanted to add the oppo :grin:

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah similar, I have been a hermit before my tv l :rofl:

Have the appointment booked on the 29th. Would of had it for about a month by then :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts