Thoughts on the Pioneer BDP-LX58 player please?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
No, he just spent £630 on the Muso, that's where the Zeppelin money will go. Nothing's free.
Quite right, really I wasnt suppose to buy anything but it was a early Xmas present for me.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
There won't be that much difference in light room to room so it wouldn't need doing again. Surprised BB you had it done again?

Assume you had Vincent there to do the pj

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
I agree with everyone. Gel doesn't need a new Blu-ray player, I'm not sure what it will do that his present Blu-ray player doesn't do? And calibration of his 980W OLED would be a good idea, if money is burning a hole in his pocket.

But gel makes his own decisions, free from logic.

buzz_lightclick

I respectfully disagree that you can't improve on Blu ray players - I sold my Oppo 95 as I needed the money and thought I would make do with my Xbox One as all Blu Ray players supposedly are the same. Well the Xbox gave a decent picture but the sound was awful, like chalk and cheese, so I jumped at the chance to buy a 105D and happy again now.

D

Deleted member 2457

buzz_lightclick said:
I respectfully disagree that you can't improve on Blu ray players - I sold my Oppo 95 as I needed the money and thought I would make do with my Xbox One as all Blu Ray players supposedly are the same. Well the Xbox gave a decent picture but the sound was awful, like chalk and cheese, so I jumped at the chance to buy a 105D and happy again now.
Yep, the sound on the Pioneer is suppose to work better with my amp. Less jitter etc.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Multichannel pqls only came in with the lx83 Buzz could have benefitted from it I used to use it when I had the 83 that's why I sold the lx71 bd player because it didn't do multichannel pqls

I think PQLS must be similar to asyncronous USB but over HDMI obviously but dont know for sure - just an semi educated guess. It def cleaned up the sound

buzz_lightclick said:
I respectfully disagree that you can't improve on Blu ray players - I sold my Oppo 95 as I needed the money and thought I would make do with my Xbox One as all Blu Ray players supposedly are the same.  Well the Xbox gave a decent picture but the sound was awful, like chalk and cheese, so I jumped at the chance to buy a 105D and happy again now.

How have you connected the 105D to the AV receiver?

No I haven't got my TV & PJ calibrated yet. Only last week, I paid off the money for the AV furniture, and I have until March to pay off my credit card which I used to buy the AV equipment (to take advantage of the 0% interest deal). Only after that will I have funds for calibration. I hate paying interest to the bankers.

D

Deleted member 2457

ellisdj said:
Multichannel pqls only came in with the lx83 Buzz could have benefitted from it I used to use it when I had the 83 that's why I sold the lx71 bd player because it didn't do multichannel pqls

I think PQLS must be similar to asyncronous USB but over HDMI obviously but dont know for sure - just an semi educated guess. It def cleaned up the sound
My Pioneer Sc-lx81 and 71 Blu-Ray player did do something with the sound. I think it was pqls and jitter reduction.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
81 and 71 only did pqls over stereo

Multichannel pqls didn't come in til the lx82 receiver and lx54 blu ray player the one they released same yr as they lx83 receiver

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts