This should be interesting...!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Paul@HiFi-Lounge said:
Hi The_Lhc, don't mention it, I'm extremely gratful for you pointing it out, I'm so used to corrective text on forums now I'm getting lazy, I take it WHF's forum hasn't got this feature, better be careful with my spelling from now on :oops:

Thanks again,

Oh yes, there is a corrective feature Paul . . . its called 'The_Lhc function' . . . :bounce: Spelling police again . . . oh boy :doh:

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
CJSF said:
Paul@HiFi-Lounge said:
Hi The_Lhc, don't mention it, I'm extremely gratful for you pointing it out, I'm so used to corrective text on forums now I'm getting lazy, I take it WHF's forum hasn't got this feature, better be careful with my spelling from now on :oops:

Thanks again,

Oh yes, there is a corrective feature Paul . . . its called 'The_Lhc function' . . . :bounce: Spelling police again . . . oh boy :doh:

I'm not going to get into an argument about this but for the record I haven't corrected anything like this for a long time because I understand with some people it's not a question of laziness. The only reason I pointed it out now is because, for a business, it looks rather unprofessional and not the best way to advertise your services, otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned it. I also wouldn't have mentioned it if it was in the body of his message but it isn't, it's in the signature, so it gets appended to every message, which makes it more noticable.

Also, Paul has actually said "thank you" and appears to appreciate me pointing it out, so he clearly doesn't feel he needs anyone to defend him (although I notice he hasn't actually corrected it yet!).

But just to reiterate the point, I only pointed it out because it reflects on Paul's business (albeit minutely), if it was purely personal comment I wouldn't have bothered.

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
CJSF said:
Paul@HiFi-Lounge said:

Thanks again,

I'm not going to get into an argument about this but for the record I haven't corrected anything like this for a long time because I understand with some people it's not a question of laziness. The only reason I pointed it out now is because, for a business, it looks rather unprofessional and not the best way to advertise your services, otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned it. I also wouldn't have mentioned it if it was in the body of his message but it isn't, it's in the signature, so it gets appended to every message, which makes it more noticable.

Also, Paul has actually said "thank you" and appears to appreciate me pointing it out, so he clearly doesn't feel he needs anyone to defend him (although I notice he hasn't actually corrected it yet!).

But just to reiterate the point, I only pointed it out because it reflects on Paul's business (albeit minutely), if it was purely personal comment I wouldn't have bothered.

I think you are right The_Lhc, it was a helpful note . . . and I also agree, the forum has been better for the unmolested jottings of simple folk in their style . . . :cheers:

CJSF

Paul@HiFi-Lounge

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Doh, after all that I totally forgot to correct the error :oops:

I remembered when in bed last night, corrected now though, thanks again for pointing it out The Lhc, I for one am glad you did :clap:

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Paul@HiFi-Lounge said:
Doh, after all that I totally forgot to correct the error :oops:

I remembered when in bed last night, corrected now though, thanks again for pointing it out The Lhc, I for one am glad you did :clap:

No problem at all.

Now, about that website of yours... (just kidding!)

TRENDING THREADS