The WHF Film Club

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Let's hope Ben suggest it as part of his 3, then you might just have to find the time.

I'm watching Le Serpent recorded ages ago on Film4 at the moment......

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
John Duncan said:
I don't remember the CGI cats. Which version?

The original. (I haven't seen the remake.)

Ika Nord, half-human-half-vampire, is attacked by cats, because animals are particularly good at sniffing out the soon to be undead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfa8JwwY-y4

I really like the film, just not that scene.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Let's hope Ben suggest it as part of his 3, then you might just have to find the time.

Probably won't be but it's well worth watching. I'm starting to feel the pressure and responsibility of having to make proposals.

Let me know what Le Serpent's like, from the one line summary I've seen I can see the thematic link.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

BenLaw said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

Probably won't be but it's well worth watching. I'm starting to feel the pressure and responsibility of having to make proposals.

Let me know what Le Serpent's like, from the one line summary I've seen I can see the thematic link.

Without giving anything away, it was good, it wasn't great.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
John Duncan said:
strapped for cash said:
Well, I watched Survive Style 5+, though I should probably withold commentary until everyone else has seen the film.

Rule number 5! Rule number 5!

So good you referenced it twice!

I'm not in breach, though I'll probably have to watch the film again, or I'll have forgotten most of what I thought.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

You didn't hang about.

I'm keen to know what you thought Strapped, but I will be patient.

Will we all be giving marks out of ten for the films?

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Posting that you've watched it is good, it keeps the enthusiasm going. Just no discussion until everyone's there. Annoyingly, lovefilm despatched Au Hasard Balthazar to me despite having had it as high priority for about a month without it being sent. No matter, I sent my second film back last night, so hopefully SS5 will be despatched tomorrow.

I'd say no to marks out of 10.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I quite like the idea of marks out of ten. Does that me a little bit sad?
smile.png

If the film doesn't come next time, let me know, and I'll send my copy to you Ben.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
If the film doesn't come next time, let me know, and I'll send my copy to you Ben.

Film was despatched today, hooray! Should arrive tomorrow. I'm away next week so not sure when I'll get a chance to watch it but will be well within the month.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

BenLaw said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

Film was despatched today, hooray! Should arrive tomorrow. I'm away next week so not sure when I'll get a chance to watch it but will be well within the month.

Mmmmmm....Thursday night, Friday, Saturday or Sunday?

Or, take it away with you.
smile.png

I'll have the same problem soon, will be working away again from next week for 5 - 6 weeks.
boohoo.gif

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Tomorrow's definitely out. Each of fri, sat and sun is a possibility but they can quickly disappear with a small child. Is this the sort of film Clodagh will want to watch with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS