The Thing

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
jase fox:Yes, i have seen the movie fantastic four but found it very forgettable

Understandable...

I'm far from a comic book person, there you go the_lhc you learn something new everyday.

certainly do.

A

Anonymous

How can you quote The Thing isn't it just a disembodied hand?

A

Anonymous

the_lhc:jase fox:Yes, i have seen the movie fantastic four but found it very forgettable

Understandable...

I'm far from a comic book person, there you go the_lhc you learn something new everyday.

certainly do.

Surely you must be a or have been bit of a comic reading person? How are you going to spot all those PWEI references?

The Furry Freak Brothers, V for Vendetta, Fantastic Four (Vote Dr. Doom - You know it makes sense) etc.

A

Anonymous

ssshh Don't tell anyone I know really I was just playing along with you're clobberin' time quote. I couldn't think of something to write about Thing 1 and Thing 2 from Dr. Seus though.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
NSYGrinner:the_lhc:jase fox:Yes, i have seen the movie fantastic four but found it very forgettable

Understandable...

certainly do.
Surely you must be a or have been bit of a comic reading person? How are you going to spot all those PWEI references?

I read comics, it's Jase who's saying he didn't.

The Furry Freak Brothers,

I read one or two, a school friend was a big fan though, preferred Fat Freddie's Cat myself.

V for Vendetta,

Again I was aware of it but never actually read it. I did try once but found it quite dull.

Fantastic Four (Vote Dr. Doom - You know it makes sense) etc.

Is that reference actually actually from FF? I didn't think it was but then the FF were never one of my favourites, so I don't know if Victor ever ran for Government! I read most of the other Marvel stuff, Cap, Spidey, Hulk, X-Men, Iron Man but FF never really appealed. I read more 2000AD when I was listening to PWEI heavily, so I tend to associate them more with that, a lot of the tunes have me visualising Mega-City One landscapes even now!

A

Anonymous

I've no idea if Dr. Doom ran for office. I was never a big Marvel fan. My knowledge of FF is very limited. I couldn't get over the idea that cows are Skrulls. I did like Marvels and Tales Of The Marvels though. Alex Ross is one of my fave artists. I was a big 2000ad fan also. I was at primary school when I got the first issue (Harlem Heroes, MACH 1, Invasion, Flesh, Ro-Busters etc) right up to about '83. I had all the Annuals up to '82 and the first Dredd annual. I then moved onto the DC, Vertigo, Image stuff. Spawn was the last major comic series I read. It's just to expensive a hobby now really. I just get the odd graphic novel or mini series. The spare room 'Batcave' has quite a bit of merchandise on display including a Robert Harrop Judge Dredd statue. The DR and Quinch are up in the loft.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
the_lhc: I read more 2000AD when I was listening to PWEI heavily, so I tend to associate them more with that, a lot of the tunes have me visualising Mega-City One landscapes even now!

2000AD was (probably still is) awesome

If your into your comics, have you read the 'Preacher' series?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
NSYGrinner:I've no idea if Dr. Doom ran for office. I was never a big Marvel fan. My knowledge of FF is very limited. I couldn't get over the idea that cows are Skrulls.

I don't know anything about Skrulls really, I've managed to avoid any story featuring them!

I did like Marvels and Tales Of The Marvels though. Alex Ross is one of my fave artists. I was a big 2000ad fan also. I was at primary school when I got the first issue (Harlem Heroes, MACH 1, Invasion, Flesh, Ro-Busters etc) right up to about '83. I had all the Annuals up to '82 and the first Dredd annual. I then moved onto the DC, Vertigo, Image stuff. Spawn was the last major comic series I read. It's just to expensive a hobby now really.

Yeah £2.50 per edition doesn't make it "disposable", I was trying to keep up with the Hulk reboot from a few years ago but other than that I just occasionally borrow box-loads of the things from a friend who happily spends over £100 per month on them!

I just get the odd graphic novel or mini series.

I don't really find graphic novels very good value, some of them are £25 or something stupid!

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
aliEnRIK:
the_lhc: I read more 2000AD when I was listening to PWEI heavily, so I tend to associate them more with that, a lot of the tunes have me visualising Mega-City One landscapes even now!

I read a few of them but they didn't really grab me, I'm a bit old school, if it doesn't have a fancy costume it doesn't grab my attention!

A

Anonymous

Back on topic, sort of. Didn't Dark Horse Comics do a The Thing story a good few years ago? Back when they were doing the Alien, Predator stuff. Newts tale was quite a good one shot. It told the Aliens plot from her perspective.

A

Anonymous

jase fox:Does The Beano count? About the only comic i sort of used to glance through but that was at least 26/27 years ago!

Of course it counts. I think the line is drawn at Bunty though. I must admit I never really got many copies of Beano and dandy. I was more of a Whizzer & Chips and Krazy comic reader. Before moving on to 2000ad, Tornado asd Starlord.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
NSYGrinner:

I was more of a Whizzer & Chips reader..

Me too, along with 'Buster'.

I could and would read 'Beano' & 'Dandy', but W&C was definitely my fave.
emotion-21.gif

Christmas was never quite the same when I got too old for annuals.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
the_lhc:aliEnRIK:

I read a few of them but they didn't really grab me, I'm a bit old school, if it doesn't have a fancy costume it doesn't grab my attention!

Each to their own. To my mind its the best graphic novel collecion ever created

A

Anonymous

aliEnRIK:the_lhc:aliEnRIK:

I never got around to Preacher, But it must be at least passing glance if your saying it's better than Sandman, The Watchmen, The Marvels and some of the Sin City stories.

A

Anonymous

Big Chris:NSYGrinner:

I was more of a Whizzer & Chips reader..

Me too, along with 'Buster'.

I could and would read 'Beano' & 'Dandy', but W&C was definitely my fave.
emotion-21.gif

Christmas was never quite the same when I got too old for annuals.

emotion-21.gif
Sid's Snake. I'm sure if I read them now they would be some adult under current that passed me by as a little kiddy. I used swap my W & C with a mates Buster after we had read them.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
aliEnRIK:the_lhc:aliEnRIK:the_lhc: I read more 2000AD when I was listening to PWEI heavily, so I tend to associate them more with that, a lot of the tunes have me visualising Mega-City One landscapes even now!2000AD was (probably still is) awesome If your into your comics, have you read the 'Preacher' series?

I'm not making any value jugdments about it, I didn't read any of them in the right order and had very little idea what was going on!

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
the_lhc: I'm not making any value jugdments about it, I didn't read any of them in the right order and had very little idea what was going on!

I can understand why you would be confused. It must be read from the start and in order else it really would be a bit of a mess

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
NSYGrinner:Preacher, But it must be at least passing glance if your saying it's better than Sandman, The Watchmen, The Marvels and some of the Sin City stories.

Everyone has their own opinions, but yes, to me, it beats all those you mention (And I really do love the 1st few Sin City stories)

Pick up 'Gone To texas'

Youll definitely know by the end whether you want to read the rest or not
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts