The Rega RP3 and RP6 slight cosmetic seconds

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
OK thanks, only heard a few people having wonky platters on those, but I suppose you can get that on the grade A ones.

Its certainly puts the used prices into perspective, who would buy a 15-20 year old RP3 for £250-£300 when when you can get a new one for that price?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
BigH said:
Its certainly puts the used prices into perspective, who would buy a 15-20 year old RP3 for £250-£300 when when you can get a new one for that price?
Because end of line deals are limited.

Although, there are no 15-20 year old RP3s out there. Planar 3s maybe...

BigH said:
OK thanks, only heard a few people having wonky platters on those, but I suppose you can get that on the grade A ones.

If it's that old then it's a Planar 3 not a RP3, and yes it is overpriced unless it includes a good cartridge.

stevebrock said:
New Planar 6 coming ???

I had a white RP6 seconds - couldnt see anything wrong with it - bargain if you ask me

It has been quite obvious that the Rega namings is confusing a lot of people

There is a big difference between Planar and RP versions, and indeed tonearms they have attached.

Be wary folks.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Yes I meant Rega Planar 3. Yes its confusing going from Planar 3 to RP3 and now to Planar 3 again.

Most come with cheap cartridge like the AT95E, Stanton ? and Linn K9 or nothing.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts