The Rega RP3 and RP6 slight cosmetic seconds

BigH

New member
Dec 29, 2012
97
3
0
bigfish786 said:
For all those interested, there are a few on eBay again.

Pick up a bargain while you can.

£349 for the RP3 and £649 for the RP6
Are they just cosmetic defeats though? Some RP3s are £299.
 

bigfish786

Moderator
Jan 29, 2013
576
366
19,270
I believe so, brand new, with warranty, from rega dealers.

This usually happens a few times a year.

The rp6 is very tempting with ttpsu included.

add a cart of your choice and you are sorted.
 

BigH

New member
Dec 29, 2012
97
3
0
OK thanks, only heard a few people having wonky platters on those, but I suppose you can get that on the grade A ones.

Its certainly puts the used prices into perspective, who would buy a 15-20 year old RP3 for £250-£300 when when you can get a new one for that price?
 

Frank Harvey

Well-known member
Jun 27, 2008
567
0
18,890
BigH said:
Its certainly puts the used prices into perspective, who would buy a 15-20 year old RP3 for £250-£300 when when you can get a new one for that price?
Because end of line deals are limited.

Although, there are no 15-20 year old RP3s out there. Planar 3s maybe...
 
BigH said:
OK thanks, only heard a few people having wonky platters on those, but I suppose you can get that on the grade A ones.

Its certainly puts the used prices into perspective, who would buy a 15-20 year old RP3 for £250-£300 when when you can get a new one for that price?
If it's that old then it's a Planar 3 not a RP3, and yes it is overpriced unless it includes a good cartridge.
 

stevebrock

New member
Nov 13, 2009
183
0
0
New Planar 6 coming ???

I had a white RP6 seconds - couldnt see anything wrong with it - bargain if you ask me
 
stevebrock said:
New Planar 6 coming ???

I had a white RP6 seconds - couldnt see anything wrong with it - bargain if you ask me
It has been quite obvious that the Rega namings is confusing a lot of people

There is a big difference between Planar and RP versions, and indeed tonearms they have attached.

Be wary folks.
 

BigH

New member
Dec 29, 2012
97
3
0
Yes I meant Rega Planar 3. Yes its confusing going from Planar 3 to RP3 and now to Planar 3 again.

Most come with cheap cartridge like the AT95E, Stanton ? and Linn K9 or nothing.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS