Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
New UK/US colaboration TV series.

The-Night-Manager-Season-1_poster_goldposter_com_1-400x592.jpg

Just watched Episode 1.

Xanderzdad

Jun 25, 2008
Visit site
Any good in your opinion. Aiming to watch it tonight (although may save up the episodes and bingle watch in case it is too complicated to retain week by week!)

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Cheesy in a Le Carré way, but very good in a Le Carré way. Actors are great, visuals are stunning, story begins in a Swiss resort... If you are a fan of 007, Bourne Trilogy and similar, you will like this.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Vladimir said:
Cheesy in a Le Carré way, but very good in a Le Carré way. Actors are great, visuals are stunning, story begins in a Swiss resort... If you are a fan of 007, Bourne Trilogy and similar, you will like this.

You didn't notice it started in an Egyptian hotel during the revolution in 2011? (For at least half of the episode.)

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
chebby said:
Vladimir said:

You didn't notice it started in an Egyptian hotel during the revolution in 2011? (For at least half of the episode.)

It does but I mentioned the Swiss only as a classical spy movie location to capture the style of the film. Don't want to give out too many spoilers. ;)

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
chebby said:
I downloaded everything I didn't already have by John Le Carre last year when I was in hospital a lot and needed more stuff to listen to ...

(Unabridged, 19 hours)

Arrgghhh that is tempting.... :)

Xanderzdad

Jun 25, 2008
Visit site
Vladimir said:

That would be a yes and a yes. Excellent - really looking forward to it and for once the wife is joining me for a spy movie (she was seduced by the quality casting).

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
chebby said:
I downloaded everything I didn't already have by John Le Carre last year when I was in hospital a lot and needed more stuff to listen to ...

(Unabridged, 19 hours)

Le Carre has apparently been quoted as saying that they've changed his story quite considerably but in a good way.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
chebby said:

(Unabridged, 19 hours)

Le Carre has apparently been quoted as saying that they've changed his story quite considerably but in a good way.

I try to view each new interpretation on it's own merits (like the 'Tinker Tailor' movie) but it's sometimes difficult to get on with every director's 're-imagining' of his work given that I have been reading his books since my mid teens.

I think I will 'keep my own counsel' on the remaining episodes for fear of of getting labelled an 'old fart' for enjoying the original books.

I am - so far at least - looking forward to the remaining episodes but that's where i'll leave it.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I watched it...Beautifully shot, great actors, but hasn't sucked me in the same way "Odyssey" did. Early days though and it certainly has potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts