The next Big Question: volunteers please

Jonathan Evans

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
We need volunteers once again, please.

We're seeking hi-fi/home cinema enthusiasts to come and join us for the day for our regular Big Question feature.
It takes place next Thursday, 24th June.

If you're interested in taking a seat on the What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision readers' sofa, please email me and I can provide further details. It's always proved a fun and interesting day, with lots of good kit issues to chew over.

You'll need to get yourself here for a prompt 11am start (our photographer starts getting twitchy at about 10.45...). We'll take you out for a pub lunch here in Teddington and then we'll all discuss some great kit in our state-of-the-art testing rooms. And, of course, you'll get your picture and words in the September issue of our mag!

Any questions, either post here or drop me an email.

A

Anonymous

Why do you always have to beg for volunteers? Offer something and you will get something in return.

A

Anonymous

FrankHarveyHiFi:
Hmmmm...my day off....

You MUST go David!!!!

Jonathan Evans

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Not sure I'd refer to my post as 'begging', Samson.

Anybody who doesn't want to come, is very welcome not to.

On the other hand, it would be great to see you if you'd like to see where we do what we do, and a little bit of how we do it.

Most people seem to enjoy the day, and, so far, we haven't had a problem filling the slots available.

I've got one left, by the way.

All welcome.

Jonny

A

Anonymous

OK - not begging but pleading?

I will be in Leeds and Huddersfield or I would surely go. I will try to attend the next one.

I am eager to see Andrew Everhard.

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
professorhat:
Will be in Glastonbury...

Packed these?
emotion-19.gif

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
SamsonD:
OK - not begging but pleading?

Are you actually serious? It's not begging or pleading, it's simply informing people that the next event is coming up and requesting volunteers. There are plenty of people who want to go but without WHF asking how is anybody supposed to know when to turn up?

I will be in Leeds and Huddersfield or I would surely go. I will try to attend the next one.

Please don't I don't want to have to ask for a refund on my subscription.

I am eager to see Andrew Everhard.

Well how about you have the common courtesy to spell his name properly? It's in front of your face all day long.

T

the record spot

Jonathan_E:
Not sure I'd refer to my post as 'begging', Samson.

Anybody who doesn't want to come, is very welcome not to.

On the other hand, it would be great to see you if you'd like to see where we do what we do, and a little bit of how we do it.

Most people seem to enjoy the day, and, so far, we haven't had a problem filling the slots available.

I've got one left, by the way.

All welcome.

Jonny

If you can provide a bit more notice, then you won't find me turning you down either. I'd love to have attended the visit last month, but four days notice is way too little for me. I'm up in Edinburgh so I'd want as much notice as possible to organise time off work (I'm self-employed) and would like to organise a cheap ticket, either flight or train at the best price I could land to get me there.

Any plans to do a roadshow up here one day?!?
emotion-2.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
SamsonD:I am eager to see Andrew Everhard.

the_lhc:Well how about you have the common courtesy to spell his name properly? It's in front of your face all day long.

Exactly, DelilahS: something of an irony, given your earlier remarks about slapdash editing.

We're inviting people to take part, not begging. Would you rather we didn't invite readers to participate? Or just dropped the whole thing?

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
SamsonD:Why do you always have to beg for volunteers? Offer something and you will get something in return.

Not really. I volunteered for last month's and was knocked back as the quota was already filled.

If I wasn't working, and if it wasn't the day after mine (and my Wife's) birthday. Who knows.
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts