The most beautiful piece of hifi?

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
There is so much to choose from, italian wood clad stuff, american muscle, Norwegian chic, British craftsmanship ... in the end my roots dictated this particular choice;

Nagra 300 integrated.

Understated, small, superbly made and perhaps grossly overpriced.

It could have been one of Nagra's reel to reel or the gorgeous cd player but the amp really does it for me.

What do you think is the most beautiful creation in hifi?

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Acoustic-Energy-Reference-1.jpg

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
drummerman said:
There is so much to choose from, italian wood clad stuff, american muscle, Norwegian chic, British craftsmanship ... in the end my roots dictated this particular choice;

Nagra 300 integrated.

Understated, small, superbly made and perhaps grossly overpriced.

It could have been one of Nagra's reel to reel or the gorgeous cd player but the amp really does it for me.

What do you think is the most beautiful creation in hifi?

I see your Nagra 300 and raise you a Unison Research Reference Pre and a pair of Reference Power Monoblocs....

K

keeper of the quays

The most beautiful piece of hifi are your ears..

expat_mike

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
CnoEvil said:
expat_mike said:
CnoEvil said:
Clearaudio Statement TT....a snip at £90 000.

Would that be the version shown in the new HiFi News?
It's this one: http://www.analogueseduction.net/clearaudio-turntables/clearaudio-statem...

It is the V2 model in HiFi News - similar design and pricetag, but a few elements are subtly different.

In some ways I prefer the simpler look of this model, even though I could never justify buying one.

http://www.hifinews.co.uk/news/article/clearaudio-master-innovation-pound;14500-black-pound;15400;-tonearm-pound;3350;-stand-pound;8000-black-pound;8500/20182

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Actually the dinky little AVI DM5 speakers are some of the prettiest that I've seen too. They're compact, about the size of a loaf of bread, perfectly preportioned and have nice vaneers.

I'm glad that didn't take too long to appear! I agree, the majority of their speakers are beautiful.

But I'd have to hand the prize to the SME 3009/II or the original Transcriptors turntable.

EDIT:- I see abacus beat me to it!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts