What is the most bizarre piece of HiFi you've come across?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
The Atmosphere Acoustic Field Generator uses radio waves to improve sound quality by interacting with the air molecules in the room. The specific range of radio waves used is in the X band, which has a wavelength of about 3 centimeters. This wavelength is long enough to interact with the air molecules, but short enough to be able to penetrate through walls and other objects.

When the radio waves interact with the air molecules, they create a field of energy that enhances the sound waves. This field of energy helps to reduce reflections and diffraction, which can improve the soundstage and imaging. It can also help to reduce listening fatigue.

More research is needed to fully understand how it works.

Note : It may not be noticeable to everyone: Some people may not be able to hear the difference that the Atmosphere makes.
🤪
It is reported that the Xroopadee-Aceekda Alien space invasion has just entered our galaxy, they seem pretty pi***d!

Gray

Its just insane that you would lay down £4k for something that might not make any difference, your either very rich and bored or just plain stupid.
Not to mention the space it takes up and the ugliness of them, some rich people think that having more boxes make music sound better.

For example :-
View attachment 5123

I know you own Cyrus equipment so no offence was meant to you, its just to high-light the craziness people go to, to attain mythical sound quality. :rolleyes:
No offence taken Dom, don't worry, I couldn't agree more.
That's a good example of too much on display.
Those separate power supplies and power amps are (visually) not much more than a blank plate with a power light.
I wouldn't mind owning that lot, but much of it would be best hidden out of sight - close to speakers is a more sensible place for monoblocks anyway.

(I've only ever bought a couple of their integrated amps).

Reactions: WayneKerr

Dom

No offence taken Dom, don't worry, I couldn't agree more.
That's a good example of too much on display.
Those separate power supplies and power amps are (visually) not much more than a blank plate with a power light.
I wouldn't mind owning that lot, but much of it would be best hidden out of sight - close to speakers is a more sensible place for monoblocks anyway.

(I've only ever bought a couple of their integrated amps).
So, you would like to own that lot?
It must be annoying turning it on and off? It would drive me crazy. 😡

Reactions: Gray

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
Its just insane that you would lay down £4k for something that might not make any difference, your either very rich and bored or just plain stupid.
Not to mention the space it takes up and the ugliness of them, some rich people think that having more boxes make music sound better.

For example :-
View attachment 5123

I know you own Cyrus equipment so no offence was meant to you, its just to high-light the craziness people go to, to attain mythical sound quality. :rolleyes:
I think these are much better on the eye :)

1693408535845.png

Reactions: Dom

JDL

Jun 13, 2023
Visit site
A
This is purely for entertainment purposes, and I need to ask the question; what do you think is the most bizarre piece of hifi you'd come across?
Bizarre and expensive do appear to go hand in hand it seems.

To start off, I think these Marten Duke 2 speakers remind me of something you might need to combat mosquitos or use as a strainer to make soft cheese from goat milk.
These are probably pedestrian compared to some of the stuff I've seen over the years.

Eccentricity or different = Good HiFi or great marketing BS to feed the hapless sheeples?

This is purely for entertainment purposes, and I need to ask the question; what do you think is the most bizarre piece of hifi you'd come across?

To start off, I think these Marten Duke 2 speakers remind me of something you might need to combat mosquitos or use as a strainer to make soft cheese from goat milk.
These are probably pedestrian compared to some of the stuff I've seen over the years.

Eccentricity or different = Good HiFi or great marketing BS to feed the hapless sheeples?

View attachment 5098
Damm it. There ain't none on eBay.

Reactions: Jasonovich

JDL

Jun 13, 2023
Visit site
For a little extra you can have double ground box....whey - hey..!!!

View attachment 5108
Chassis. A friggin wooden crate.
Ah that's a real shame :ROFLMAO:, you could go to Doug Brady https://dougbradyhifi.com/products/marten-duke-2-speakers and pay the full price.....Ooouch!
Ha ha. Yes I could if I had a spare seven grand or whatever. I was thinking.."Oh there's bound to be a pair on eBay for less than that..." But no, never mind.

podknocker

Million bucks / Euros for a cartridge
Dartzel NFS 00 Founder Series
( CHF 1'000'000.01 swiss francs ) for a moving coil cartidge
£892,000 to you sir
Limited lifetime warranty.
Dedicated custom installation by Hervé Delétraz himself.

Experience an unprecedented sensation that has never been heard before, brought directly to your home: a cantilever gem crafted from exquisite diamond or ruby. These exceptional cartridges have the ability to unveil the minute acoustic harmonic distinctions, allowing you to rediscover your beloved music in all its intricate complexity

View attachment 5100
Looks like a very unusual boiled sweet. Worth and value are very fuzzy, as many people are vastly wealthy. I can't imagine any human activity, or fabrication method, that would lead to this thing having a huge price tag.

Last edited:
Reactions: JDL

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
Looks like a very unusual boiled sweet. Worth and value are very fuzzy, as many people are vastly wealthy. I can't imagine any human activity, or fabrication method, that would lead to this thing having a huge price tag.
They're sold to the exclusive elitist club of know nuffinks.
They equate quality with costs, value is an ingredient which will be toxic to them and because they live in their own stratosphere, cost is what defines them, they ascend above us like Gods.
They may have everything which most of us can only dream of, but they are poor morally.
I know I know, I think I had enough of this koolaid 😂

JDL

Jun 13, 2023
Visit site
They're sold to the exclusive elitist club of know nuffinks.
They equate quality with costs, value is an ingredient which will be toxic to them and because they live in their own stratosphere, cost is what defines them, they ascend above us like Gods.
They may have everything which most of us can only dream of, but they are poor morally.
I know I know, I think I had enough of this koolaid 😂
Yes, quite right. I could name a list of these maniacs and they're usually hypocrites along with their belief in themselves, that they are gods.

podknocker

View attachment 5098
I really like those, apart from the 'eyes' staring at you. They could do with grills, on top of the grills.

Last edited:

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
sleek vertical turntable brings bold colors & vintage mood to any room

Seriously!

TRENDING THREADS