What is the most bizarre piece of HiFi you've come across?

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
This is purely for entertainment purposes, and I need to ask the question; what do you think is the most bizarre piece of hifi you'd come across?
Bizarre and expensive do appear to go hand in hand it seems.

To start off, I think these Marten Duke 2 speakers remind me of something you might need to combat mosquitos or use as a strainer to make soft cheese from goat milk.
These are probably pedestrian compared to some of the stuff I've seen over the years.

Eccentricity or different = Good HiFi or great marketing BS to feed the hapless sheeples?

1692708045682.png

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
B&W 805 Maserati edition. I'm a big petrol head but no way would I would buy them. Not sure who they are aimed at, especially at nearly twice the retail price of the standard 805. To me, that's weird.
Actually I kind of like them, now you need to find the missus or girlfriend or (woke interpretation), gender fluid person or someone from the rainbow community with a faux leopard skin coat to create the right ambience and tone, then raise the stylus from Del Boys fluffy dice turntable and slowly release it into the groove.
Yep that should do it. 😁

Last edited:
Reactions: WayneKerr

daytona600

Million bucks / Euros for a cartridge
Dartzel NFS 00 Founder Series
( CHF 1'000'000.01 swiss francs ) for a moving coil cartidge
£892,000 to you sir
Limited lifetime warranty.
Dedicated custom installation by Hervé Delétraz himself.

Experience an unprecedented sensation that has never been heard before, brought directly to your home: a cantilever gem crafted from exquisite diamond or ruby. These exceptional cartridges have the ability to unveil the minute acoustic harmonic distinctions, allowing you to rediscover your beloved music in all its intricate complexity

dart.jpg

Last edited:
Actually I kind of like them, now you need to find the missus or girlfriend or (woke interpretation), gender fluid person or someone from the rainbow community with a faux leopard skin coat to create the right ambience and tone, when you play your record on Del Boys fluffy dice turntable.
Yep that should do it. 😁
Monopulse speakers. They are covered in cloth (some horrible colours), so no good if you have young toddlers or pets. Ideally you need to be a childless singleton with no interest in domestic pets. A complete saddo.

I have heard these and they sounded really impressive.

Attachments

• 20230822_202159.jpg
    20230822_202159.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: Jasonovich

Friesiansam

Million bucks / Euros for a cartridge
Dartzel NFS 00 Founder Series
( CHF 1'000'000.01 swiss francs ) for a moving coil cartidge
£892,000 to you sir
Limited lifetime warranty.
Dedicated custom installation by Hervé Delétraz himself.

Experience an unprecedented sensation that has never been heard before, brought directly to your home: a cantilever gem crafted from exquisite diamond or ruby. These exceptional cartridges have the ability to unveil the minute acoustic harmonic distinctions, allowing you to rediscover your beloved music in all its intricate complexity

View attachment 5100
The perfect product to show-off to your Nordost cable owning friends, then accuse them of being cheap, skinflint, bar stewards...

I've just come across an advert for the most amazing invention. It's a mains fuse for £4,200. Is this some kind of joke I ask myself. It's called the "Quantum Science Audio (QSA) Silver Extreme Level Mains Fuse." They've even got a cheap one for £2400. At the point in reading their blurb about this amazing invention when I came across the words "Quantum Physics", I thought to my self, "..... that's enough,I can't be bothered to read any more of this."
Is this for audiophiles or audiofools I wonder.
Not the fuse thread again......

podknocker

:(But I want to hear about bottle neck distortion and how I need an 8 grand 13A fuse for my kettle.

I'm sure the water will boil quicker and make my cups of tea taste better.

I challenge anyone on this forum, or planet, to explain why this thing costs 8 grand.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jasonovich
:(But I want to hear about bottle neck distortion and how I need an 8 grand 13A fuse for my kettle.

I challenge anyone on this forum, or planet, to explain why this thing costs 8 grand.
Can't give you an explanation, it's pure lunacy.

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site

I agree, an exercise of absurd marketing and deception.
You literally blown the £8k when the fuse blows or do these things, last forever (which kind of defeats the object of being a fuse) ?

Last edited:

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
Turntables!
I guess nostalgia is fashionable these days. There's something to be said about the ownership of vinyl and that's pretty cool but, the sonic superiority over the highest quality digital is a myth.
On my JF MX Pro digital transport (Chinese call it digital turntable), I have all my albums artwork beautifully presented on 6 inch digital touch screen and storage isn't a problem. 👌😊

Reactions: JDL

TRENDING THREADS